32: Emma Frost (2)

Chapter 32: Emma Frost (2)

Enrique had a great time last night with Greer.

After waking up in the morning, he realised that Greer had transformed into her beast form at some point in the night. The clothes she came wearing wouldn't be able to cover her appearance. So he went to grab a long brown coat at the earliest morning, even before Greer had woken up.

After eating breakfast that was delivered to their room, the two soon left for the villa.

Tigra was wearing a long coat, coupled with a round hat and large shade. She looked quite the suspicious woman as she tugged her arm around Enrique's elbow.

"This is kinda bull," Tigra complained with a whisper. "Haah, how I wish I still had the Cat's Amulet..."

[The Cat's Amulet] was a magical necklace used by the "Cat People" to transform into their human forms. Greer Nelson had received her powers from the said Cat People, becoming a figure from their legend, so she could as well use the Amulet to transform back and forth from her beast form.

However, that Amulet was lost–most likely stolen–by the Hand six months ago in their little skirmish.

Enrique chuckled lightly and reached out his hand to squeeze her waist, she moaned a little and he was about to speak right away— but then he stopped.

Enrique's eyes flickered to the limo standing not far from them.

'SHIELD?' Enrique asked himself. '...No, it doesn't seem like it. A smiling man or woman would usually stand outside their car to greet the person they want to meet.'

Enrique realised he had no idea who this might be, though he was more than certain this car was waiting for him in particular. His heightened senses could feel the gazes directed towards him and Greer from within the car.

"...Greer, be on alert."

Enrique warned with another squeeze on her waist while pretending to be smiling.

"I doubt it, but we might need to fight."

Greer blinked before humming, also pretending she didn't notice the suspicious air around here.

A moment later, when they were close enough to the car, the window of the back seat rolled downwards. A bright blonde woman, wearing red sunglasses, peeked out with her blue lips curling upwards to form a smile.

"Mr Enrique Nova?" the gorgeous woman said.

Enrique didn't even take a second to recognise her. How could he not? Her white dress was iconic, and she was also an influential businesswoman in this world.

"This is Emma Frost of the Frost International." The White Queen said. "May I have a bit of your time?"

Enrique Nova had a flat face as he held back a frown.

* * *

Emma watched the strange and suspicious man's expression stay blank for a moment before he went 'ah!' – which slightly surprised her.

Perhaps he did not recognise her earlier?

'...I had higher hopes, truth be told.'

If he really didn't recognise her, he might be too naive for the business world.

"It's quite sudden to meet such an influential figure outside a cheap hotel." Enrique quickly said with a smile. "I don't think you were here for me?"

Emma chuckled a little at his reaction, at his hopeful question.