38: Fire-with-Fire (3)

Chapter 38: Fire-with-Fire (3)

"—Unless you want your arms to go useless like your legs."

All of the X-Men as expected were not a fan of what Super-Nova just said. Charles was a person who all of them deeply respected, regardless of the questionable things he had done throughout the past.

"The balls of this guy!" Scott "Cyclops" Summers reacted before anyone else, as he put a hand beside his visor. "Did your parents never teach you manners? Apologize!"

"What's up with that middle-schooler dialogue?" Enrique chuckled as he looked down at Cyclops with a tilt of his head. "I have a different suggestion. How about you shut the fuck up, bitch?"

"This bastard!" Cyclops's jaws snapped harshly. "I'm not holding back this time!"

Scott had seen and heard enough of Enrique, in previous times he barely held himself back, but now it was starting to get too much. This guy needed to be taught a lesson!

The other X-Men didn't try to stop him this time, excluding Storm who hesitated for a bit—but before she could do anything, it was too late and Scott had made his move.

* * *

Moving his eyes from Emma Frost who was taking cover behind the X-Men while wearing a smirk, Enrique looked back at Cyclops who immediately fired a red beam of explosive, concussive force directly at him.

Enrique didn't look shocked, and he didn't try to dodge either—knowing he was invincible against that thing. Besides, that beam was too fast to dodge. Rogue had attacked him with the same power back when with Magneto, and Enrique was more than just fine even after facing it head-on.

So, he decided to do the same this time too, despite the Cyclops' bluff of 'not holding back'.

Enrique brought his arms forward, forming an 'X' in front of his chest, as the beam clashed with his forearms. The sharp black claws that were coming out of his wrists met the beam head-on, just as the beam was cut into dozen parts that splattered by Enrique's side, leaving him very much untouched when the beam finally dissipated in thin air soon.

The X-Men took a battle stance, and Enrique unwrapped his arms that were emitting hot smoke, standing straight in the air with his jaws clenched. Two sharp tusks were coming out of the above row of his teeth, making him look like a terrifying beast, as he glared down at the group of racist superheroes.

"Remember," Enrique sounded gruff. "Your guy started it."

Then, like a bolt of thunder, Super-Nova launched downwards at Cyclops with the intention to tear him apart.

Bzzt!

Jean Grey was about to use her telekinesis powers to stop Enrique, but Enrique was already expecting that—so he shot a bolt of lightning at Wolverine standing just beside her, shocking him greatly, thanks to his metal skeleton, as he stumbled on Jean's body that worked to make her lose concentration.

Cyclops, with his hand rising to touch his visor in high alert, was just an arm's reach from Enrique. At the speed Enrique was moving and perceiving this world at, he was sure to grab Cyclops by his face and slam him down on the ground before the latter managed to touch his visor to activate his power.

Intending to do just that, Enrique reached out to grab Cyclops' puny head! — Just as a thunderous beam of lightning slammed to his side, sending him flying off to crash on a tree nearby.

Bam!

With a growl, Enrique fell to the ground as leaves scattered down from the tree. He stood back up and shrugged, tree leaves falling from his body, as he locked eyes with his attacker—Ororo "Storm" Munroe.