>32 // alternate ending

the year is 2089, it's mine and chandlers anniversary today, no no no, not wedding anniversary, anniversary of when we became leaders. leaders of the saviours.

the group mission to tennessee was a success, the cannibals who threatened our survival; gone, anyone who had heard of us, feared us. this lead to our home, becoming a sanctuary, survivors who belong to no group, who were solo, were taken in. it is an amazing feeling to know to some one, you were their last hope and chance, but you opened the doors to something spectacular and created a home for them.

our old home, was over run, now, instead of humans being our only threat, there are these things that wandered the streets at night. they were fast, ruthless and craved human flesh. in the day, they retreated back to waste lands and mountain tops, but in the night, they were attracted to the cities, the noise, the interaction, the simple smell of human flesh.

but, we over come this, our group is the only group who is invisible to these monsters, the virus searches for a healthy vessel to occupy, we noticed this when hunter developed a rare and uncurable type of stomach cancer. the things almost swarmed past him, avoiding him. so we made a vaccination, every one is injected with a small form of the disease, not enough to kill us or make us unwell, but enough to shield us from these monsters. we use them as protection,they protect us without even knowing it. often,me would chain them to ropes, and drag them with us, and they would feed on other groups, none of them know how we do it. how we disappear to them.

when hunter passed away, he left the group under our control, and im so happy he did, because for once, ive been happy to be alive, chandler and me have never been happier.

but that's the end of my story, but the beginning of a new chapter.