>28

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused and in shock.

"My legs, my feet, my hips. They are completely numb." Alexa cried, her bottom lip trembling as each word rolled of her tongue.

"I'll get help." I said, as I ran around the medical tents trying to find a doctor or some sort. But I bumped into Chandler.

"Wo-oah." He said, placing his hands on my shoulder, slowing me down. "What's up?"

"Alexa, I think she's paralysed." I stuttered in my speech.

"What? I thought the bullet went straight through?!" Chandler exclaimed, panic in her voice.

"You go to Alexa, I'll find Dr.Mason." Chandler said, quickly running off before running back to me.

"I love you." He said, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too." I said, before chandler ran in search of the doctor.

I pushed open the tent and there lay Alexa, her face stained by her own tears.

"Baby, it's okay." I heard a voice say, and it was Hunter as he walked in.

"I'm going to give you two choices. You can either, die now. Or pull through this." He said, giving her an ultimatum.

"I want to know what's wrong with me." Alexa said, shaking off what Hunter just suggested to her.

"Alexa, love, your paralysed. From the hip down." I said, trying to stop a tear from running down my cheek.

"No, but the bullet-" Alexa started, but Dr Mason walked in, with Chandler close on his tail.

"The bullet hit your spinal cord. Although it came out, it still did paralyse you, and I'm sorry to say but there is nothing I can do to minimise the pain or shock." He said, as Chandler wrapped his arm tightly around me.

"Alexa!" Anna screamed, running in.

"Anna, please stop." Alexa said.

"No, what's happened?!" Anna shouts.

"She's paralysed!" I scream. "She either dies, or is a weight on our shoulders!"

"Do you really think of me like that?" Alexa said.

"No, of course not. You are the loveliest, most compassionate person I've ever met, and I love you. But, you will be limited to your abilities; I don't know if that's something you want to experience." I said.

"How would I die?" Alexa asked.

"A pill. It slows down the rate of the heart gradually, but there's no pain, but it can be quickened by the consumption of alcohol." Dr. Mason explained.

"I want it." Alexa said.

"No, Alexa. Think of what you leave behind." Anna said.

"A world where I could die every day! A world where cannibals are trying to kill us. I know what I'm doing." She said.

"Can I have the pill please?"