【𝟶𝟶𝟸】 between us girls

Start from the beginning

"Do you or Peter have any idea how to stop it?" She asked, but Nova shrugged. In reality, she did know, but Peter didn't want anyone to know. Besides, she already told Gwen enough information for Peter to kill her for spreading the word. But Nova couldn't just stay quiet, Gwen had all the rights to know. After all, she's not from this universe.

"We'll see later. Right now I gotta do my homework. It hasn't even been the second day here and I already have two exams in a few days and essays to complete," Nova exclaimed, sitting down on her chair, pulling out her notebook. Gwen snickered, dropping down on her bed. "Right?! This school has no limits."

For the rest of their evening, they took the time to get to know each other better. Getting lost in conversations and jokes. Nova had barely put work on her essay or even study, which was weird. Very weird of her. She had always been that girl who would get paranoid of her studies, scared to get bad grades and later have to deal with her families lecture about how important this was and how great of a dissappointment she was. Blah, blah, blah. Right now, that was Nova's least worries, her aunt veronica's words from earlier becoming blurry in her mind.

"This essay is killing me," Gwen laughed at the sudden outburst of her new friend, banging her head against the desk. "That is just history, wait until you have to do math... aren't you studying for architecture?" Nova raised her head up, glaring at her. "Don't even remind me about that!" Gwen bursted out laughing.

That moment, their head perked up at a sudden knock on the door. Nova stood up, considering that her desk was closer to it. Twisting the door knob, pulling it to where her body was covering the whole room, her face brightened when she saw Miles in front of her, smiling widely. "Hey Miles, what's up?"

"Hey, I'm heading to Uncle Aaron's. I was wondering if you wanted to come?" Nova frowned, glancing behind. Her eyes met his, giving him an apologetic smile. "Sorry Miles, I would love to but I have to finish a bit of homework here," she pointed behind her. Gwen tried to contain her laugh from behind the door, knowing damn well Nova wasn't even doing any work.

"Oh, it's alright. I can go alone," Miles shrugged, smiling at her. Nova gave him a thankful nod, "Thanks Miles. Catch you later." Miles nodded one last, "Later Star." With that, he walked away. Nova shutted the door, turning around, her eyes changed into confused ones to see Gwen sitting on the window with her Spider-Woman suit on. "Wanna get out of here?" Gwen smirked at her. Nova stood there, debating. "I have homework," she repeated, pointing to her desk.

"Hmm. Too bad," she said before letting herself fall. A gasp leaving Nova's lips, running towards it the window. She sighed in relief, seeing Gwen standing on the wall with her mask on. "We both know you won't finish that tonight. And you need to clear your head for a while. Might as well waste our time out here, don't you think?" Gwen told her, smirking to herself knowing she was gonna win.

Nova looked back at her desk, staring at the paperwork. It wouldn't hurt if she skipped her homework for tonight. Nova closed her eyes, chuckling quietly, glancing back at her. "Let me just get changed," Gwen chuckled as Nova rushed away, patiently waiting.

The city at night is alive. The kaleidoscope is shimmering, lights flicker in the distance as the starry sky sweeps over the city that never sleeps. Hazy clouds envelope the moon so it was in its own realm of perpetual darkness. Huge giant buildings stood beside the street, quiet as if taken over by an army of libraries. Some windows gave out white and yellow lights, but the others were pitch black. Stray dogs began barking, while the deafening music from the car echoed around the street. Above the faded zebra crossing, the two figures swinged around, faint laughter coming from them as they yelled out in joy.