Chapter Two

The next morning,

Jayson Tatum went downstairs to see Jaylen Brown cooking breakfast for the family. "Good morning Jayson," "Morning love," Jaylen served the family the breakfast as they were gathering around the dining table together. However, the bacon smell that Jaylen cooked made Jayson sick. "You okay Jayson?" "Oh I'm fine," he replied. "It's just that I don't like the smell," "Oh my," Jaylen was surprised. "Maybe is it because you ate something bad?" "No it's not that Jaylen, I don't know what was going on with me," "Maybe you had a bug or something," His mother assumed Jayson Tatum had a stomach virus. "Ma it wasn't the stomach bug, I'm thinking I may have eaten something that didn't sit well with me," He sighs. "The last couple of days I felt was me feeling fine and then this morning, I started to feel dizzy during practice and I wanted to throw up," He sat down and wasn't even touching his food.

His mother was starting to suspect Jayson had a morning sickness. "So you were saying that it was morning sickness?" Jayson nodded. "Yes Ma and I have been dealing with it in the middle of the night and my god! I had a nasty episode of nausea," "Okay, I'll schedule the doctor's appointment for you. Do you have practice today?" "Yeah," He said. "I'll be fine mom. I'm going to the practice,"

Next, he went to the practice while his teammates were playing in the court. Brad Stevens noticed Jayson was acting a little off. "Jayson you alright?" "I'm okay, I'm just dizzy that's all," He sighs and continued the basketball practice. "Want to sit down for a while?" He nodded and sat down on the bench. However, Jayson was explaining to his coach about the morning sickness. "Actually Coach, I am concerned of late," "Late? What's the problem?" He sits next to him. "What kind of late?" Jayson began to explain about the symptoms that he was having. "I've been throwing up in the middle of the night, my  sleep patterns kept changing for no reason, I exercised and did some diet and moments later, I started to feel dizzy again," "Okay," Brad Stevens wrote the note on the attendance sheet. "So when did your symptoms start?" "This morning," he replied. "Coach, I don't want to tell you this. I haven't been feeling well lately and I'm starting to think I may be pregnant," He knew that his head coach would be angry. "Coach I'm sorry, it was an accident," Brad Stevens comes to hug him. "I know it was an accident Jayson, don't worry about it at all. I am a father too. Do you want to go to the clinic?" He nodded and Jaylen takes Brad and Jayson with them. The doctor found out that Jayson was starting to feel unwell this morning and he suggested to him to take the pregnancy test. 2 minutes later, the results came back. Jayson is not just having nausea, he was pregnant. They placed the cold jelly on his belly.

"Congratulations Jayson Tatum! You're on the 8 weeks of pregnancy," Jayson became surprised. "I thought it was just nausea," He knew he made a fool of himself for not knowing that he slept with Jaylen Brown. When they came home after that, Jayson goes home along with Jaylen, gave his parents and siblings a hug knowing that everything was fine. However, Jayson explained to his parents about what happened. That's when his father found out about Jayson's pregnancy. "Jayson!" His father shouted from downstairs. "Yes Dad?" "Jayson, I need you to come here right now," Jayson sits down and watches him ask about what had happened. "Dad, I don't know what to say but I'm pregnant," Jayson replied. His father became angry with him. "Jayson! How could you do this? I told you to use protection but you didn't listen! How are you going to balance your life between your career and taking care of the baby?" "Dad! I don't know how this happened?" Jayson answered with his own words. "Why do you think it's a big deal? It was an accident ok? I didn't know that. You may think I used the protection but I thought I used it,"

"Well you should've thought about it before you decided to get pregnant early," He yelled again. "Dad I'm sorry. I'm sorry ok? I just don't know what to do," He began to sob. "I have no idea what I was doing," His mother knew what was going on with Jayson. "It was accident mom, I didn't know any better," "I know Jayson," His mother understood the situation that he was going through. "We're going to figure out how to manage the baby altogether and Jaylen will help you out too!" Afterwards, Jayson went to the house of the Browns and he told them about what had happened. They understood what he was dealing with and was happy that they were going to be the grandparents. "Don't stress yourself about what happened okay my son? I'm sure we will be able to help each other,"

Jayson returned to the practice the next day after the family had found out about the pregnancy. He decided to follow his heart to play for his own positive upbringing as he and Jaylen begin their journey together as teammates for Boston Celtics.

*Jayson Tatum - 2 months pregnant*

It was during the NBA preseason as he and his boyfriend's team were having a matchup against Los Angeles Lakers. Once again, Jayson started to feel dizzy in the beginning of the first quarter. He was worried and told him. "Jayson I don't think it's a good idea for you to be around the court since you're feeling dizzy again," Jayson sat on the bench and Marcus Smart took over for him. During the halftime show, the teammates could hear Jayson gagging and retching. "You're pregnant right?" Al Horford asked. "Yes I am," He answered with a sigh. "It's just how I am," "Believe me I had that happen," Terry Rozier can relate to the situation that Jayson had gone through. "I was feeling like crap for the past 2 days,"

Jayson Tatum: really?

Terry Rozier: Yes it was a complete disaster.

Jayson Tatum: Same here.

Somehow, the fans knew about Jayson Tatum's absence from the game knowing that it had something to do with him expecting a baby with his teammate and partner Jaylen Brown. Jayson knew at this moment that he wanted to go home and rest but he didn't want to since he still have to do some scoring, dunking and lay ups. Plus, shooting the three pointers. Although, they won and Jayson and Jaylen worked together to secure the win for the first preseason.

After the game,

Jayson and Jaylen were asleep together in their room. Jaylen placed his hand on Jayson's 2 month baby bump. "Don't worry about it Jayson. I'm going to be a father. You and me will take care of the baby together. We'll find a place to live. Thus, he would do what he can to make sure he and the baby are healthy and protected. "Thanks for being there by my side when my dad got upset with me," "Anything for you my sunflower, we're going to find a house for us to live for us and our baby," He told him. The house that Jayson would buy was the 4 bedroom house in Boston.