C H A P T E R 8

Sevyn paced back and forth, his mind was miles from here

Sevyn paced back and forth, his mind was miles from here. The door to his bedroom is all that shielded him from the harsh reality of today. Today, his father would be buried in the dirt, becoming a distant memory from everyone's thoughts. "Fuck," He boomed dropping the watch to the floor. His anger wasn't from his inability to latch the watch, it was the loss of his father. Even now that he had bodied the nigga responsible it didn't bring his father back. It only angered him more that he couldn't breathe life back into Demi's and do it all over again.

"Sevyn," Syrai's soft voice called from the outside of his bedroom door. He could hear, he didn't need visual sight to know that his sister was crying. Rolling his hands over his suit he sighed and to the door. The sight before him was excruciating, Syrai's face soaked and her eyes puffy.

"He... He really is gone," she whispered as her chest jumped with every word. Pulling her closely he embraced her in his arms. Sevyn's touch was too familiar to Syrai, it felt like Maxwell himself was holding her. She pulled back quickly as she couldn't stand to be in his presence for long as of lately. He looked too much like her father, it was like he was her father in a different body. It was just too much for her broken heart to bear.

Sevyn saw her resistance and reached his hand out to her but she quickly ran out the door. "Syrai," he called walking after her.
She shook over and over. "Sev please," she replied holding her hand out signifying for him not to come any closer. All those that had gathered in his home looked up the banister at him and had brief flashes of Maxwell.

"He really looks like him," someone muttered.

A heavy sigh left his mouth as he went back to his room to grab his phone. He had been calling Scotlynd for a couple of days but hadn't received an answer. He knew he was fucked up for going to her house and then just disappearing on her. However, he was battling a demon inside him that he never wanted her to see. The boys and Rex hadn't stopped after Demi, as Rex stayed true to his word and made the city bleed. It was more to the story than one nigga coming to knock off the nigga at the top and they were dropping bodies till they knew the truth. Sevyn had become a natural as if the instinct to kill was in him all along.

Pushing his overbarren thoughts to the back of his mind, he dialed her number. Sevyn needed Scotlynd today more than he ever had in his entire life. He prayed that she didn't let his mother's dislike keep her from coming, because although he didn't show it much his father did like her. On the rare occasions, they saw her, due to his mother not waiting for her at their home. Spitting some safety bullshit. He always told Sevyn she was a keeper.

"Hello," her voice was tired and it pained him.

"Hey, I'm sorry I ain't been by... I just have a lot on my mind. I-" Sevyn didn't finish his words as she cut him off.

"Sev, you don't owe me an explanation, you're going through a lot. Yeah, I wish you would let me be there for you, but I understand. There's no correct way to grieve." Scotlynd assured him. He shook his head grateful for her understanding but even more for her just being there. He knew at this moment this was the woman he was going to marry. Even with the pain that loomed over today, she had him smiling like a kid at the candy store.