It. Can't. Happen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𓆩♡𓆪 𝐹𝒶𝓃𝓉𝒶𝓈𝓎 𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓇𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓃 𝑒𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓅𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓎 𓆩♡𓆪

𓆩♡𓆪 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝓊𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓇𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓉 𓆩♡𓆪

- 𝘓𝘭𝘰𝘺𝘥 𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝐖𝐞 were walking through the forest towards Mr Tumnus's house it was quiet. No one had said a word since we left. Each one of them had a different expression on their face.

Lucy was amazed by the world and had the widest, most adorable smile plastered across her face.

Edmund looked fearful of something. Perhaps he's just shocked by this world, I mean, it is a lot to take in

Susan was worried. She kept looking behind her. Y/n could tell Susan wanted to go home but didn't say anything.

And Peter was in awe of everything around him. Y/n noticed him looking back at her from time to time. It made her nervous. Have I got something on my face? Do I look funny? She kept asking herself the same questions until they got close to Mr Tumnus's house. Y/n stepped forward, and Lucy jumped off Mona with the help of Susan.

"Well, get ready to meet the most kindest, gentle Faun in the whole land of Narnia," Y/n exclaimed while stepping backwards towards the Fauns house. Everyone stopped in their tracks for a moment. She was confused.

"Come on, you lot don't want to be wasting time now," she giggled, and they all just stood there staring but not at Y/n. They were staring behind her.

"Uh, Princess," Edmund stuttered and pointed behind Y/n. She slowly turned around and saw Mr Tumnus's house was broken into, his door was kicked down, and you could see all the mess and chaos that went on inside.

"Mr Tumnus!" Lucy shouted, and she ran straight inside the house.

"Lu wait!" Peter warned, but Lucy didn't listen, and she disappeared into the house. The rest of us followed, and Y/n's fear grew more. So did the others.

"See, this is even more reason to go home! We don't know what we're getting into here!" Susan protested. Y/n grew even more worried. Are they really going to go home? What about the prophecy?

"Just wait, Susan, let's have a look around," Peter ordered. Y/n walked around the cabin and she saw piles of broken glass, ripped pieces of paper and all the furniture turned upside down. As Y/n was about to turn around and leave she saw a photo on the ground, she sat on the floor and picked it up. It was a photo of Y/n and Mr Tumnus, she couldn't hold back her tears anymore. Mr Tumnus was a very important friend of Y/n's, he treated her like an actual person instead of royalty which she always admired and now, he's gone. Taken by the White Witch probably and no doubt being frozen to death. Y/n could hear the muffled cry of Lucy behind her which made her upset even more. 

What have I done? She said to herself. This wouldn't of happened if I didn't talk to him that day. As Y/n was lost in her own world, she didn't notice Peter sat beside her. Y/n just looked at him with tears in her eyes and Peter handed her a coffee-coloured piece of paper with black writing on it, no doubt the writing of Fenris Ulf, the leader of the police in Narnia. Y/n couldn't look at it any longer so she threw it aside and clutched the photo to her chest.

"Sorry, I thought that might make you feel better." Peter said, still sitting beside her. Y/n turned to look at Peter and his eyes comforted her in some way. He had this sad puppy look in his eyes that Y/n felt drawn too. She wiped her eyes and stood up.

"It's okay, you're only trying to help. Thank you" She gave him a reassuring smile and turned around to walk out the door, with the photo still clutched to her fist. Peter followed behind and from the corner of her eye it looked like Peter was going to say something but he chose to stay silent. He just walked behind her.

As Y/n walked outside, she saw all the children gathered round something. Peter and her looked at each other and ran to catch up with the others. It was Beaver. Beaver and the Princess were very close and they both adored each other. 

"Princess! I'm so glad you're here. I'm sorry about Mr Tumnus, he knew they were coming for him. He asked me to give you this" Beaver walked up to me and handed me a red scarf. His red scarf. 

"Thank you Beaver, I'm so glad you're okay. It's nice to see a familiar face." Y/n took the scarf and placed it around her neck. Lucy hugged my waist and I saw she had a handkerchief in her hand the same one Mr Tumnus had on her last visit. Y/n hugged Lucy back and knelt down to talk to her.

"Mr Tumnus will be okay I promise. He's a strong faun, the strongest I know. We'll get him out" She smiled at her and from her eyes Lucy believed her. 

"We mustn't talk her, c'mon"  Beaver motioned his hand to follow him and started walking, Y/n followed but the children stayed behind. Beaver walked back and said something to the children but Y/n was too preoccupied with the view of the White Witches castle. I will save you Mr Tumnus she said to herself. Beaver was still facing the children, Y/n turned to face them.

"Is everything okay?" She asked but only keeping her eyes on Peter who was looking straight back at her. 

"Yes, fine" Susan replied, Y/n could tell Susan wanted to go home. The children started walking towards her and Beaver continued walking to what she assumed was his house. Before continuing to walk Y/n took one last look at the White Witches castle. 

"We'll save him don't worry, I'm sure he's fine" Peter said, giving her that same puppy dog look which still seemed to make Y/n calm at just one glance. That damn look. It's hypnotising. Y/n smiled at Peter and turned to face him. He did the same. Y/n brought her hand up to his cheek and rubbed her thumb against it. It was surprisingly warm and comforting. Peter's gaze softened and he just stared into her eyes not breaking eye contact. Neither of them wanted too. Beaver appeared from the distance.

"Princess, c'mon. We don't have much time before sundown!" Beaver shouted. Y/n lowered her hand and was the first to break eye contact.

"We should go." Y/n instructed, she turned towards Beaver and started walking but not without brushing her hand against his. It made her nervous but happy at the same time. She couldn't explain the feeling, all she knew was she liked this feeling. Y/n knew was she was doing.

Peter followed behind her once again and she took one last look into his ocean blue eyes and they both smiled softly. 

Whatever this was between them, whatever feeling. Y/n knew it would be forbidden. 

It. Can't. Happen