【𝟶𝟶𝟷】 you always say 'i love you' back

Start from the beginning

"You're Spider-Woman?" She gleamed, eyes looking at me in amazement. But then, she groaned again, gripping my hand. I murmur a soft shush, gazing down at the wound. "Yeah I am. I just didn't know when to tell you guys," I responded, pressuring the wound and earning a loud scream. I quickly shush her again, stroking her curly brown hair, tucking a piece of it behind her ear.

"Nova, am I gonna die?" I shake my head rapidly. "No, no, no. You're not gonna die." I repeated those words to her, but I didn't want to admit it, I knew just by the wound. I picked her up with my only arm, cradling her. A broken sob left my throat as I muttered sweet, assuring words into her ear.

"I'm so scared. I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die," she cried, and cried into my arms. Her arms wrapping around my waist, not wanting to let go. "No, you're not gonna die. Everything will be alright. Just hold a little longer." My eyes looked around, desperately yelling for help, but all I received was absolute silence. The dusty wind blowing around. No, no. I need to save her, I need to. "Don't make any promises you can't keep," she whispered. I shook my head violently. "No, stop. Don't say that. You are going to make it." I sobbed, my voice a bit harsh.

"I love you, sis. Please, don't forget about me," she gave me her warm smiles. I didn't know that was the last time I would see her beautiful face, her smile, and to hear her voice. "I love you too," I pressed my forehead against hers, closing my eyes, feeling her heart thumping so steadily. We both sit there, in peace, holding each other as her body slowly faded. And then, she stops. She doesn't move a muscle, her eyes don't open. Her arms that once were wrapped around me, losingly fall off to the floor. I gasp, eyes widen, I press my hands against her heart. It stopped, I don't feel it anymore.

"Kira," her name leaves my mouth with a sob. "No, no. Please no," my hands find their way to her cheeks. Her eyes are closed, her clothes covered in blood. "No, please no. I need you. No please no," I cried. My arms wrapped around her lifeless body, cradling her as I sobbed into her shoulder. Just when it was too late, I hear Peter's voice calling out for me. When I glance up, his eyes meet my teary ones. He gasps, covering his mouth as he watches me hold her body.

"Jefferson, over here," my head shot up at the familiar name. Flashlights advancing from around the hallway. My head turns back to Peter, anxious filling our faces. Looking down at my sister, I hug her one more time. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I love you so much," I kiss her cold forehead, sobbing quietly. Laying her body on the ground, my body manages to stand up, stumbling a bit before looking over at my parents bodies. "I love you. I'm so sorry," as I hear the voices of the officers get closer, I shoot a web upwards, leading me somewhere unknown. I find myself hiding behind a wall, my head peeking through it.

My heart breaks when I see the familiar officer gaze at the bodies. His mouth letting out a cry, falling down on his knees seeing my whole family lay there. I take my eyes away from the scene, tears running down my cheeks nonstop, staring at the blood in my hands. The blood from my own sister. My sister. "Please, no. This is not real," I whisper. Letting myself fall down, pressing my head against my knees as I sob.

"Nova," I hear a voice, but I ignore it. Continuing to sob.

"Nova, NOVA."

I guess, when I wanted to save her, it was too much to ask.

       𝑵𝑶𝑽𝑨'𝑺 𝑩𝑶𝑫𝒀 𝑱𝑶𝑳𝑻𝑬𝑫 𝑨𝑻 the sudden voice, her gasp filling the whole room causing her cousin from beside to jump a bit. She panted, trying to calm herself. Checking around her room, her eyes stopped when she made contact with her cousin, Ponchito, who held a worried face. She exhaled deeply before releasing a breath, shaking her head. Moving the covers from her body, her feet landed on the cold floor, walking up to her closet and picking her uniform.