Y/n vs Katy, the first gym battle

Y/n and Pyrrha and reached Cortondo, the location of Y/n's first gym battle. On the way there, Y/n had caught two more Pokemon, a Nacli and a Tinkatink.

"Nacli, The Salt rock Pokemon. A Rock Type. It was born in a layer of rock salt deep under the earth. This species was particularly treasured in the old days, as they would share precious salt."

"Tinkatink, the Metalsmith Pokemon. A Fairy and Steel Type.  This Pokemon pounds iron scraps together to make a hammer. It will remake the hammer again and again until it's satisfied with the result."

Pyrrha had also captured two new Pokemon of her own, a Fletchling and a Eevee.

"Fletchling , The Tiny Robin Pokemon. A Normal and Flying Type. Fletchling can be found in both rural and urban areas. They once had a huge territorial dispute with Squawkabilly . Fights broke out all over town."

"Eevee, the Evolution Pokemon. A Normal type. Because of its unstable DNA, Eevee possesses a wide variety of evolutionary possibilities hidden inside."

Soon they arrived at the gym, they met up with Nemona who was happy to hear that Y/n decided to take on the gyms. After a chat, Nemona wished Y/n luck before rushing out to battle some trainers, causing Y/n and Pyrrha to shake their heads.

Before Y/n can challenge the gym, he must complete a gym challenge. In the case of the Cortondo gym, is the Olive roll, in which the objective is to roll a giant olive to the finish line.  Y/n managed use his aura to make a mental map of the maze and managed to roll the olive to the goal without contently looking over it, he also battled two trainers for a shortcut. 

After passing the gym test, he was told to go to Patisserie Soapberry, where the gym leader Katy works there as a baker. They reached the top of the bakery to see the gym leader feeding a Vivillon.

"Eat up, my cute little Vivillon!" She said before noticing Y/n.  "Oh? What a lovely Trainer you are. Thank you very much for your skillful olive rolling. It was quite impressive." 

"Oh? Did I forget to introduce myself? Forgive me." She said before clearing her throat "My name is Katy, and I am the owner here at Patisserie Soapberry." 

"Oh? That's right, I'm not in my shop—I'm on duty as leader of the Cortondo Gym right now!" She realized "Forgive me. Ahem. My name is Katy, and I am the Gym Leader here in Cortondo. My main line of work is crafting sweets as a pastry chef. "

 "Little sweets that bring happiness with just one bite, Bug-type Pokemon hiding in foliage... Both are small and yet very powerful. Don't let your guard down unless you would like to find yourself knocked off your feet!"

Going to their sides of the battlefield , both trainers sent out their Pokemon.

"Charcadet battle time!"

"Nymble, go forth."

"Nymble?" Y/n said in slight confusion before pulling out his Rotom phone to scan it.

"Nymble. The grasshopper Pokemon. A Bug Type. It has its third set of legs folded up. When it's in a tough spot, this Pokemon jumps over 30 feet using the strength of its legs." The Rotom phone beeped.

"Double kick!"

"Ember!"

Nymble jumped towards Charcadet with it's back legs glowing orange, but Charcadet fired bolts of fire at the grasshopper Pokemon, knocking it back to the ground. Before it could react, more bolts of fire struck it and sent it back to Katy knocked out.

After recalling Nymble, Katy sent her a Tarountula.

"Tarountula, The String ball Pokemon. A Bug Type. The ball of threads wrapped around its body is elastic enough to deflect the scythes of Scyther, this Pokemon's natural enemy."

"Bug bite!"

"Ember!"

Tarountula's  teeth glow white and grow slightly longer before rushing towards Charcadet before sent out more bolts of fire. The String ball Pokemon tried to charge though the attack but was blown back. It managed to get up but was burned.

"Now flame charge "

Charcadet becomes outlined in red flames and she tackles  Tarountula, knocking it out. 

Katy then recalled Tarountula.  "Oh? You're quite good, aren't you. How should I roll things out from here? Come Teddiursa."

"A Teddiursa?" Y/n asked confused. 

"Now, my little Pokemon! Time to break free from your cocoon and come into your own!" Katy said before she held up a Tera Orb as it began to gather light, once it began to shake, she threw it at Teddiursa. Crystal pillars surrounded the little bear Pokemon before it shattered, revealing Teddiursa has been crystalized and it's Tera jewel was  the wings and antennae of an insect, signifying he has a bug Tera type.

"Charcadet , return for now." Y/n recalled the Fire Child Pokemon. " Nacli battle time!"

"Fury cutter!"

"Rock throw!"

Teddiursa's claws glowed light green and charged at Nacli who created a metallic gold orb of energy that is surrounded in orange energy appears in front of him and fired it at a the incoming Teddiursa. It managed to dodge the energy sphere before striking Nacli several times, knocking it back a few feet.

"Smack down once more!"

Nacli fired another smack down point blank, knocking  Teddiursa back, but it managed to recover.

"Fury swipes!"

"Harden!"

Teddiursa's claws glowed white as it charged at Nacli who briefly glowed blue, the Salt Rock Pokemon was knocked back, but was still able to fight. Nacli then fired another smack down that knocked Teddiursa out, causing it's crystal casing to shatter, turning Teddiursa back to normal.

"Congratulations! You passed! As proof of your victory against me—the Gym Leader—allow me to present you with this Gym Badge." Katy said as she gave him the bug badge. " I hope you'll enjoy it alongside a heaping serving of some of my deluxe handmade treats!"

Y/n's Rotom Phone took a picture of them as Katy was handing Y/n , Pyrrha and their Pokemon  some treats.

After finishing their treats, they went to the Pokemon center. As they waited for Y/n's Pokemon to heal, they got a call from Nemona.

"Hey, Y/n! Just had to tell you - my Pokemon are learning some pretty cool new moves! Be ready! How'd it go at the gym, by the way?" Nemona asks.

"I won and got the bug badge."

"I'm so glad I encouraged you to take on the Gyms. Nice job, past me! I'm training hard too, by the way - day and night! Going all over the place to boot! Thank goodness we've got the map app. It helps a ton with figuring out where to go next - especially in a huge place like Paldea. After all, the path to getting stronger usually has some strange stops and detours!"

After talking with Nemona for a bit, the call ended once Y/n's Pokemon is fully healed. As they went to explore the rest of Cortondo as the journey continues.

Y/n's Pokemon

1) Lucario (male)/ Ultra ball

2)Silvally (Genderless) /Cherish ball

3) Charcadet (Female)/ Level ball

4)Nacli (male)/ Dusk ball

5) Tinkatink (female) Dusk ball

Pyrrha's Pokemon

1) Aegislash (female) / Dusk ball

2) Charcadet (male) / Level ball

3)Fletchling (female)/ Nest ball

4)Eevee (female)/ Friend ball

Done and done, next time Y/n will help Arven with a titan Pokemon and he'll get a call from his twin brother who also needs his help. What do i mean? Read to find out.If you have a Pokemon you want our heroes to catch, tell me in the comments bellow.  Also, should Y/n do trails? If so, should Nemona join?