✩10. Meeting the Village Youths

Sinbad readied himself as three figures charged at him, but then he quickly realized they were much smaller than him.

"...Kids?" Sinbad lowered his fighting stance as soon as he identified them. A boy and two girls ran towards him. The boy had jet black hair while the girls had dark-blue hair.

The boy stopped in front of Sinbad and threw his punch at him. Sinbad easily caught his small fist, quickly making the boy's black eyes widen in surprise. Sinbad attempted to talk some sense to him, but then he noticed the boy's sly grin. Before Sinbad could react the boy bent down and the girls came rushing in, using his back as a stepping to successfully land two kicks on Sinbad's chest.

"...!" Sinbad winced as he released his grip on the boy's fist and tried to steady his footing.

Meanwhile with Ja'far, although he was surprised at first he managed to take a step backwards and regained his composure. There were two boys and one girl standing in front of him, creating a gap between him and Shafa. One of the boy was a blonde and the other was a brunette, while the girl had the same blond hair as the first boy and looked slightly older than the other two.

The boys immediately launched their heads to headbutt Ja'far, but Ja'far was quick to react. He skidded to his left and dodged their attack. The blonde girl had waited for him there. She jumped and swiftly swung her right leg to him. The girl grinned triumphantly, but her eyes widened in utter shock when Ja'far managed to parry her attack using his left arm just in time.

"Ah!" Shafa just realized what was unfolding right in front of her eyes. "Everyone, please stop!" She tried to stop the fight, but nobody seemed to listen to her. She suppressed a shriek when she saw the black-haired boy aimed his fist to Sinbad's certain area. Fortunately the punch missed, and the violet-haired man just looked at her with smirk on his face. "Don't worry, Shafa! They are just kids!"

As in cue, the kids stopped their movements immediately. "They are taking us lightly!" They yelled in chorus.

Another boy suddenly jumped down from the tree branch. He had messy spiky red hair and also red eyes that were staring sharply at Sinbad and Ja'far. His body was bigger than the other kids and he was taller than Shafa.

Sinbad and Ja'far quickly identified the new boy in a glimpse. Of course, the striking red hair of a fanalis was hard to miss.

"Stand back!" The fanalis boy confidently said to the other kids without averting his gaze from the strangers before him.

The other kids did as what he said and lined a barrage in front of Shafa. "Get 'em, Asad!" They cheered for him.

The boy ignored their cheering and focused his eyesight. He glaced at Ja'far from the corner of his eyes, and then he looked at Sinbad who was standing a few steps away in front of him. He raised his chin a little when he spotted him. He cocked his head and smirked. He suddenly lunged at the violet-haired man in lighting speed.

"No, stop it!" Shafa shouted from behind the kids, but the redhead already aimed his knee at Sinbad.

Expertly, Sinbad dodged the boy's attack by stepping to his side. The redhead skidded and quickly turned around and threw another kick at him. Sinbad parried it. The boy attacked Sinbad again and again, but Sinbad always managed to dodge or parry his attacks.

The boy clicked his tongue. He was starting to grow impatient, because Sinbad kept avoiding his attacks and didn't show any sign of fighting back. He eventually decided to stop his attacks and snorted. The others looked tensely at him, waiting to see what he would do next.

The boy took a quick glance at Ja'far, then darted towards his direction.

"...?!" The startled Ja'far had no time to react, and found his arm was abruptly grabbed by the boy. The boy smirked, then he yanked Ja'far to his side and hurled him to Sinbad's direction.