Once I had adjusted to the fluorescent lighting, I saw that everyone was standing around watching a screen that was showing Bucky's cell. Curiosity filled me and I slowly took off my ear plugs and put them in my pocket, flinching when the harsh sounds of reality that I had been blocking out hit me like a truck.

I lowered my legs to the ground and slowly stood from my seat. I groaned quietly as my muscles ached and I tried to stretch my legs before I walked across the office to sit next to Sam.

Sharon was handing Sam a piece of paper while I sat down next to him. "The receipt for your gear." she said.

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam complained. I couldn't help the laugh that slipped past my lips at her joke. Sam gave me an indignant look and rolled his eyes dramatically.

"What? Come on, it's funny." I said. "And kinda accurate." I muttered to myself. Sam clearly heard me and elbowed me in the side jokingly.

Sharon pressed a button that put an image of Bucky on the TV screen. I stared at the image worriedly. I know all too well what it's like to be locked up in a prison and I don't want to know how much time he's had to spend in one.

A man's voice rang out over the speakers. "I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" The man paused for a moment to let Bucky answer, but Bucky didn't say anything.

"I can't help you if you won't talk to me, James." He tried again.

"My name is Bucky." He said.

The interview between Bucky and the psychologist went on for a while. I listened intently with furrowed brows, sympathy was washing over me as I listened to the conversation.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked

Sharon shrugged. "Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" She tried to answer.

"Right. It's a good way to get a guy out of hiding." Steve said. I glanced over at him and shifted uncomfortably at his words. He made a good point, something didn't feel right.

"Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Get seven billion people looking for the winter soldier." Steve continued, the bad feeling increased.

"Are you saying someone framed him to find him?" Sharon asked

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam said

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve answered

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon stated.

Everything suddenly clicked into place as I
glanced up at the tv. There was only one person in the room right now who had complete access to Bucky. The therapist.

"Yeah." Steve Said quietly.

The power suddenly cut out and plunged the room into darkness. The bright red safety lights came on a second later, flashing in a repeated pattern.

I know that I said I wanted to be in a dark room. But I didn't mean this. I sat on the edge of my chair as I waited for something to happen, for someone to make the next move.

The room descended into panic, officers running around speaking radios trying to figure out what happened. But they all blurred into the background as Sharon started to speak. "Sub-level five, east wing."

She gave us the location of Bucky. Steve nodded and took off running. I immediately stood up from my chair, not caring that it rolled across the floor, and started to run after him. Sam was running beside me as the two of us tried to keep up with Steve.