Exploring All My Options [10]

Hey guys, you like the new title and picture? Anyways I decided to upload two chapters since I don't regularly update. So enough of my ranting, I'm sure you'll all waiting. So Enjoy! (:

I could still feel the blood rushing through my cheeks as the teacher began her lecture. I sat there trying to paying attention to the lesson but I kept on getting distracted about Matt and Allison. Matt asked me if how did I know if he didn't like me that way,but did he? When you look at that way, the signs were all there. Smiling whenever I showed up, the hugs felt more than a friendly hug, driving me home and always being there. I tried to picture us together , but I just couldn't , because of the situation I was in now. Maybe if we weren't pretending I -

"Ms.Carter would you mind not daydreaming in my class?"

I snapped out of my private thoughts as I heard my name and looked up to see all eyes of the classroom staring at me. I scrambled up so lame apology and tried to ignore the eyes by covering my face with my arm and looking down at the floor. I literally jumped out my seat when the bell rang and hurried to my locker. I was hoping to avoid people,but it seemed like every step I took, out came another person stopping to talk to me. They would ask questions about Ryan and if I'm single, and one question I was invited to a party. Then I remembered the accidental phone call I heard and the party I was specifically asked not to attend. I declined that invitation now making plans for my weekend with Ryan.

By the time I reached my locker, the late bell already rang and the hallways were empty. As I walked up the staircase, I heard some frantic whispering and saw shadows that looked like hand gestures. I tip-toed up just enough to see Matt and Ryan face to face , and let me tell you they weren't happy with each other.

"Listen, I know your secret and your so lucky I haven't told anyone." A voice whispered , I was almost sure it was Matt.

"You better not, I don't think Hot-stuff Carter is going to forgive little Mattie." Ryan said in a teasing voice.

"She doesn't deserve to be hurt over you, your not worth it." Matt said in a cold voice that left Ryan standing there speechless, and with that Matt existed through the door. I started to walk quietly up the stairs but tripped.

"Who's there?" I heard Ryan yell out and only receive his echo.

I stayed quietly where I was until I was sure he left. I took a seat on the step and tried to process over what I just heard. So they both were hiding something from me, and that meant Janice was telling the truth about everything. . .

At the end of the school day, I caught up with Allison because I needed distractions but she was upset and I didn't know why. I was scared to ask because I knew that would add onto a list of my problems. Matt drove us both home and he also seemed to be awfully quiet. I stared at him the whole ride home and only once he caught my eye in the rear view mirror and never looked back.

We reached Allison's house and she gave me a one armed hug and mumbled something about calling me later or seeing me tomorrow in school. It was an awkward silence as Matt drove me home but I decided to break the silence with an intensifying question.

"So, what are you doing this weekend?"

"Oh, I, Um, going to a party."

"Party? Who's is it? " I said with a smirk, getting answers were going to be fun.

"Conner's, it's a costume party." He said staring at the road, I bet he could spot a person crossing the street five blocks away.

Oh, so it's a costume party, that would make getting in so much easier; I'll just use a mask.

"Nice. Who are you going as?" I asked with true curiosity.

He didn't answer. Which got me suspicious.

"Oh, I see. Is it a secret?" I said emphasizing the last word with a huge smile.

"Y-yes. Um, we're here." He stuttered.

"Thanks Matt, oh and maybe I'll see you there." I said climbing out the car and slamming my door fast enough so he doesn't have time to respond.

I ran into the house with the plan already forming in my head. Plan A was already in motion.