Wedding Day

Finally, it's the day you've been wanting to come for so long and were afraid of at the same time.

You were sitting in a small room, getting your makeup done. Outside they did the last preparations, making everything perfect in the way you wanted it to be.

After more than half a year you also finally managed to get back in contact with your family after your ex broke it off. You invited them to your wedding but were a little worried they wouldn't come because they were mad you, not quite understanding yet why you broke contact.

You hear a knock on the door and wonder who it could be. You didn't expect anyone, did you?

"If you're not Rhea then come in" you say and smile slightly at the thought of it being her. The door opens and you see your family behind you through the mirror. You immediately jump up and run into your mother's arms, embracing her in a tight hug before moving on to your dad and grandparents.

You were more than happy to see them and there was much to talk about, but right now it didn't matter, you had other, more important things to worry about.

Everything you and your soon to be wife had planned regarding location, decoration and stuff had worked out perfectly.

You got the permission to use an abandoned church in the middle of the woods, a rather creepy, old graveyard behind it and a nice open area not very far from it where you could set up tables and banks for your guests to sit and eat later on.

You decorated everything with purple and black candles, flowers, silk scarfs, bones, sculls and more. Here and there you scattered a few weapons, like daggers, bows and arrows and shields. Some of them were already pretty old and rusty.

The guests slowly began to gather themselves in the church, even Rhea's family came all the way from Australia and soon enough the ceremony began. You planned for Damian to lead you up to the altar, not knowing your dad would be there so you canceled him last minute.

He didn't mind it though, he was very happy for you. Quiet music was playing in the background and Rhea was waiting in front of the altar as you entered through the big front door.

Everyone turned their heads to you. A big smile capturing both your's and Rhea's face as you lock eyes. That's why she didn't want to come with you looking for dresses. She got herself a suit. A beautiful black one with a pattern and purple accents, just perfect. Your father leads you through the aisle and hands you over to Rhea.

"You're beautiful!" she whispers. You step up to the altar, facing each other and holding hands as the priest begins to speak. Time seams to go by slower than usual as the marriage officiant holds his talk. You didn't even realize how far he's already come until you hear your name.

"And do you, y/n y/l/n, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to live together in matrimony, to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, in sorrow and in joy, to have and to hold, from this day forward, as long as you both shall live?"

You snap out of your thoughts. This is it. From now on forever.. or never.

"I do" you say, trying your best to sound confident but your voice is a little shaky. Rhea notices and squeezes your hands a little to reassure you.

You smile and put on each other's ring. "You may now kiss the bride" you hear the priest and you two lean in for a kiss, Rhea cups your cheek, signaling you that there's nothing to be afraid of, that you're making the right choice.

After the vows and everything have been said you walk out hand in hand, followed by the guests. You take place at the tables and enjoy the buffet and of course your wedding cake.

It's a very nice evening, you talk a lot, laugh a lot. Just enjoying your life, happy to be where you are and with who you ended up there.

Rhea sits next to you the whole time. Holding onto your hand or thigh whenever she can. It's one of the many, many thing you love about her. Her love language, physical touch.