El POV

17:00

I MISSED MAX'S company over the two weeks of when she was ignoring us. Max was staying over at my house with Will and I.  I was excited and so was Will. He came home from Mike's really happy when he came into my room. 

'Ooo. what did Mike do now?' I teased him. Will sat down on the floor where Max and I were sitting.

'Nothing!' Will blushed.

'Will. You're blushing. What did he do?' Max asked, laughing. I smiled.

'I am not saying!'

'Or maybe its what did you do?' Max suggested.

'Max! I swear to God I will murder you!' Will declared, tackling Max to the ground. Max was struggling to stay up. I began laughing at them and they turned to me and began to bring me to the ground.

'Stop!' I squealed as we were all fighting and laughing. We all stopped fighting and just laughed for five minutes straight, clutching our sides.

'So, Will. Please tell us!' Max pleaded once we've all stopped laughing and began to relax.

'Answer is still no,' Will answered, stubbornly.

'Oh, c'mon Will! Why don't you tell us? We won't tell anyone!' I said. Will looked like he was thinking it over.

'Please?' Max pleaded again.

'Alright.' Will gave in.

'Yes!' Max and I squealed. We listened for Will to tell us.

'Mike. Mike asked me out on a...' Will couldn't say the rest of his sentence due to him blushing. 

'A date?!' I exclaimed. Will nodded and turned even more red.

'Holy shit Will! That's amazing!' Max exclaimed giving him a big hug. 'And y'all better kiss or I will  make you two,' Max threatened. 

'Max!' I said, nudging her elbow. She turned her head and smiled at me.

'But seriously, a date with Mike Wheeler? I feel bad for you, to be honest.' Max commented. (i'd sell my soul for a date with him-)

'Hey!' Will and I said in unison. It slipped out of my mouth. I saw Max turn towards me slowly. 

Good Lord, how do I fix this?

'He may be an asshole at times, but he can be really sweet if he wants to. And I think he will be really sweet on you Will,' I said, smiling at Will.

'Thanks, El.' Will said. 

'No problem,' I replied.

We were all chatting for a while until Joyce called us for dinner. Will, Max and I left my room and went to the dinner table. Johnathan was still not home from college and Dad was still at work so it was just us four.

Max chatted happily to Joyce while Will and I exchanged glances. I knew he was happy that Max is back. He knows how happy I am too. Instead of eating, I found myself admiring Max. How I loved her. How much I missed her. I loved her so. Like, really loved her. I'd die for her. 

I still miss her and love her.

. . .

xxx

( 503 words )

Edited on: 29/10/2023