El POV

19:05

I WAS LOOKING THROUGH my suitcase when the door burst open and gave me fright. I stood up and turned around to see Max standing in the doorway.

'Jesus Max! You scared me!' I said.

'Yeah, sorry about that.' Max said going over to the bottom bunk where she sleeps. 'Did you enjoy today?' She asked me.

'Yeah. I enjoyed it alot.' I exclaimed.

'Nate was acting abit weird don't you think?'

'Well, I don't really know him. You know him better don't you?'

'Yeah. I think he IS gay.' I turned to look at her. I shrugged my shoulders.

'Yeah. I'd say so.'

'Like why did he say Ezra instead of Elsie? Then Ezra turned up and Nate looked happy to see him and blah blah blah,'

'You talk alot,' I said. She laughed. I stood up and sat on Max's bunk. We looked at eachother for a while then looked away.

Why is this so awkward?

I looked over at Max's lollipop. She had a blue one and it stained her tongue. I started to laugh. She looked at me as if I were insane.

'What?' She asked me.

'Your tongues all blue!' I laughed. Max stood up and went over to the mirror. She stuck out her tongue and realized that it was blue. She shrugged and put the lollipop in her mouth.

She walked back over to the bunk while I was still laughing. 'And your tongue is red,' Max said smiling.

'Is it really?'

'Yeah. Like pure red.'

'Stupid lollipops.'

Max looked like she was thinking. ' I know how to make purple..' Max suggested.

'Seriously?'

'Yeah. Pretty simple,'

'How do you make purple?'

'Well..' But Max got cut off by my phone ringing.

'Oops sorry. Forgot to turn it off,' I said checking the caller ID. It was Mike. Max leaned over to see the caller ID. She sighed and told me to answer.

I picked up the phone. 'Hello?'

'Hey, Jane.'

'Hi Mike!'

'Where are you?'

'I'm with Max.'

'In California?' Max and I shared a look. Max realized something. And I did too. Max told Will and we went to California. And he told Mike.

'Yeah.'

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'Sorry, I didn't realize that it was such a big problem,' I said rolling my eyes and Max smiled at my sarcasm.

'Sorry?'

'What?'

'Nothing. Are you also going to tell me why you went to StarCourt with Will and Max and told me you were sick? And your dad didn't know?'

'Mike what's wrong with you?'

'What's wrong with me?'

'Yeah! What's wrong with you! Accusing me for no reason!'

'For no reason?'

'Yeah!'

'You lied to me!'

'And? You never tell me anything that's on your mind! You don't tell me that you love me! I'm sick of it Mike! Sick of it!' I burst out. There was silence. I began to cry and Max took my phone away.