CH 34: THE SECOND SONS (PART 2)

Start from the beginning

"Lord Michael does not need to concern yourself with my family's matters. If your nephew touches my sister, I'll kill him myself. So, make sure he doesn't." Stefan gave Michael a curt nod and they went their separate ways.

When talking with Michael, Stefan had seen Margaery and Cersei striding down a staircase, holding each other's arms. They seemed harmonious and at the same time, they didn't. Just like Michael, Stefan also wished to know why Margaery was pulling so much hatred to herself from Cersei.

Stefan might not have liked a single word of what Michael said, but he knew it was the truth. It was one of the reasons he was so against this marriage. Unfortunately, his words were completely ignored and now he could only stand in the background and do his best to protect his siblings inside this lion's den.

Stefan headed toward Margaery, who had been left alone. She unconsciously reached out with her left hand to her right arm which Cersei had held before. Others hadn't been able to tell but Margaery's arm ached a little due to the strength Cersei used to hold it.

That polite and bright smile she always wore had disappeared and her lips were turned downward. Whatever Cersei had told her had definitely not been pleasant.

Once Margaery saw Stefan, she took in a deep breath and smiled as usual, as if nothing had happened, "Brother-"

"What did you tell her?" Stefan understood his sister all too well and he didn't think that Cersei, as distasteful as she could be, had been the only person to say something unpleasant.

"It was nothing much. We were just having a conversation."

"I do not understand. Why do you constantly keep getting on her nerves?"

Margaery kept smiling at those who passed by them as if she was having a normal and simple conversation with her brother. "Despite how it may look to others, I am trying to become friends with her. She is the mother of the person I am to marry and I did hope we could have a good relationship. But she doesn't want it. I'm the one putting in the effort and she's the one who is being unreasonably mean."

Stefan still wasn't too sure about it, "She's a vindictive and petty person. You're putting yourself at risk here."

"I know what I'm doing. She can make as many threats as she wishes. If she touches me, she will have to deal with Lord Tywin himself. Cersei might be many things but she's not that stupid. And something else, brother. Before you scold me, remember that you're doing exactly the same thing."

Meanwhile, Michael watched the Tyrell pair from afar as they whispered to one another while keeping polite smiles on their faces. He had to admit that, unlike many of the other members of House Tyrell, this pair of twins were sure adept at hiding their emotions.

As Michael pondered, he suddenly heard many murmurs from around him. He couldn't hear what they were saying but no matter how people lowered their voices, when that many were whispering at the same time, it became obvious that they were doing it.

Maybe those people noticed how blatant their actions had become as their murmuring soon disappeared. They moved out of the way, silently lowering their heads.

Michael turned around, his lips curling as he saw the crowd part for his mother. She might have been a fish, but to the people here, she was also a lion. And a terrifying one at that.

Diana passed through unimpeded. Her back was straight and her chin was held high. She never once glanced at the people around her or made polite talk, striding forward as if they didn't exist. Her ivory dress flowed down her body, the skirt reaching the floor.

This war had some nobles wonder if Diana would remain Tywin's wife for long or if she would have a little "accident" at some point. Her short disappearance made the rumors grow only wilder. With Tywin's reputation, no one would put anything past him.