16 | Gotta Hold New Money To The Light

Kendall had been working out of his ex-wife's apartment over the past few weeks, occasionally working throughout the night and staying in the guest bedroom downstairs

Kendall had been working out of his ex-wife's apartment over the past few weeks, occasionally working throughout the night and staying in the guest bedroom downstairs. After his relationship with Logan soured and he was rejected entry inside the Waystar offices, he was desperate for somewhere to set up camp. Rava was too nice to say no, and their kids had grown fond of having their father around more - even if he instructed them to not bother him if he was working.

Which was always.

Rava had made the kids their usual breakfasts this morning, pleading with her children to please sit down and eat at the table before school. Iverson put down his book with an exaggerated huff, whilst Sophie insisted that she keep her pet bunny in her lap if she had to move to said table. Rava had made an extra plate for Kendall as she knew today was important for him - the shareholders meeting - as he often forgot to eat during his work days.

"Honey pie, I can't right now. My car is downstairs waiting for me," Kendall apologised as he rushed over to quickly kiss both of his kids goodbye.

"But he's good luck!" She pouted.

With a stern look from Rava as if to say 'don't you dare offend your daughter', he begrudgingly scooped up the rabbit and held it briefly. Uncomfortably, awkwardly. "Yep, I can uh, I can feel the luck now."

He was quick to hand the pet back to his daughter before placing a kiss on her forehead. Iverson was chewing on his food as he waved goodbye to his father. In a rush, Kendall apologised to Rava that she had made him breakfast despite not having time to eat it. She pleaded that he ask his driver to wait a little longer so that he could eat somewhat of a substantial meal, but Kendall took a slice of toast from the plate and said he could only do 'takeaway'.

His driver Fikret greeted him cheerfully as Kendall effortlessly slid into the backseat, nodding and saying a quick 'morning' before feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket. A small part of him prayed it wasn't Rava, yet an even larger part of him felt relieved when he saw Stewy Hosseini's name on the screen as he answered.

"Yo Stew, what's up?" Kendall says as he answers the phone, cradling it between his ear and shoulder as he pulled a small vial from his suit jacket.

Tipping a hefty amount onto the back of his hand, he lifted it his nostril and snorted the bump of cocaine. Kendall always made sure to check if any had drifted down onto his clothes; after one too many experiences. To his dismay, the mark on his suit jacket was not disappearing. On closer inspection however, he realised that the white dusting on his suit jacket was rabbit fur instead, rubbing both of his hands against it to rid himself of the fur.

"Dude, I've spent the past two nights awake until fucking 5 in the morning and they're still not backing down," Stewy complained.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Ken, I'm about to walk inside but Sandy is the angriest fucking vegetable because they're fucking us over private jets," Stewy warned.

"Let me- Let me fix this. I can fix this," Kendall assured.