I can't go back to Snake if the prince isn't dead. But something deep inside me is stopping me from killing him, I don't know what it is yet and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Damn it, if I'd just done my job properly none of this would have happened and the Prince would be dead by now.

I realize I've travelled in the completely wrong direction to the house, but I keep going anyway. The sun is halfway to the horizon, meaning I have the best of a couple hours before dark.

Right now, I can only think of one thing that I may be able to pull off in order to get out of this mess.

Run.

Just leave. Change my name, a new identity, the whole thing. I was too afraid before now, too scared of what Snake might do if he caught me. But I have a real reason to run now, a real reason to leave.

Running is the only way I can save Flynn and myself. Not trying to sound big-headed, but no one else could pull off killing the prince. It's a tough job, one someone of only my skill and training level could handle.

I turn around at a set of traffic lights and head back towards the house, now using shortcuts and disobeying road rules.

I need a bit more time to plan. Then I'm gone.

*~*~*~*

I shove a few more clothes into my backpack before harshly zipping it shut. I sigh, looking around the attic for the last time.

I've left everything but most of my clothes in it's place. Snake won't think to look for me for at least a few days, buying me enough time to get over the state boarder. And when he see's the prince on the news at the next big event, he will know I've gone without completing the mission.

I sling my bag over my shoulder and pick up my hand gun from the bed, locking it into it's holster on my thigh.

I climb down the attic stairs and fold them back up again, wondering if Snake will use it as a strip club when I'm gone. I shudder at the thought before beginning towards the front door. I hear familiar murmuring from Ajay's room and decide to poke my head in.

Ajay is sitting at the edge of the bed, Abby leaning over to assess his bare shoulder.

"Hey." I say, letting them know I am in the room. I take a few steps closer, shutting the door behind me.

"Hey Raven." Abby smiles. I think to myself it will probably be the last time someone calls me by that name.

"How are you?" She asks as Ajay stays silent, watching me carefully.

"I'm fine. My leg has healed well."

"That's great," Abby says with her back to me, "Did you want to ask me something?"

"Actually, I need to talk to Ajay."

His eyes shoot up at me in confusion, and glance worriedly to Abby.

Abby turns to me and smiles, pulling off her plastic glove. "Sure, I have to grab some bandages from my car anyway."

"Oh, Abby?" I stop her at the door.

"Yeah?" She replies innocently.

"Thank you."

"What for?"

"Just...... everything." I offer a small smile which she returns.

"Anytime, Raven."

She closes the door again and I turn to Ajay who is looking very confused.

"How's the shoulder?" I casually ask, walking over and sitting down on the bed beside him.

Still shocked, he replies, "Yeah, it's fine, thanks."

"Good," I nod. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Like what?"

"I'm leaving."

"Leaving where?" He asks.

"As far away from here as I can. And I need you to-"

"Why? I don't want......Snake needs you."

"No he doesn't, I'm easily replaceable Ajay."

"Are you kidding me, Raven? There is no one else in the world like you!"

"Just shhhh," I quiet him. "I've made up my mind about this, I'm going."

"Then let me come with you." He stands, pacing the ground in front of me.

"No, you will only slow me down. And you are safe here, you have a good life. I want you to stay put, look after Snake and Abby for me."

He sighs loudly, reminding me I'm on a tight schedule if I want to make good distance tonight.

"Ajay, I need you to do me a favor."

"What is it?" his shoulders fall, realizing I won't ever let him come with me.

"I need you to hold off Snake as long as you can. Stop him from looking for me, anything that will stall him. I need as much time as I can get."

"It'll be hard......"

"Please, Ajay. I can't stay here. I need you to help me on this." I look at him desperately, trying to convince him to do me a solid.

"Fine." he gives in.

I stand happily and lean to peck him on the cheek.

"Thank you." I grin, and step around him to leave.

"Wait!" He says loudly, and I stop to turn to him, waiting for him to talk. "I.....I will always love you, Rave."

I simply smile and nod once, before closing the door behind me.

I burst out the front door and jog to my motorbike in the light of dusk.

One more stop before I'm out of here.

|||||||||||||

The Prince's Assassinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें