Bruno

I walked back to my car smiling from ear to ear I turned it on and tilted my head back I couldn't stop smiling. I look back up and see in the rearview mirror a picture of Jonah. My smile fades. A wave of sadness hits me. I could feel the weed wearing off and my body was no longer numb. Reality hits me again and flashbacks of Jonah hit me.

"What the fuck am I doing" I tell myself.
"Am I seriously smiling over a boy I met 30 mins ago? Meanwhile the only boy who ever truly loved me is now dead"
I start sobbing, my mascara smears all over my hands.
I calm myself down and proceed to drive home, I lower the windows and let the breeze hit my wavy hair. I turn on the radio to make myself feel better. "Sunset lover" by Petit Biscuit starts to play. Jonah and I loved to listen to it whenever we went on walks. My sweet handsome boy is really gone.
I pull into my driveway and walked into my house. I set my keys and phone on the kitchen counter and go to find my pet cat.

"Bruno! Where are you you little rascal"
He comes out from under the table and jumps into my arms. Bruno kept me company on most nights especially when I felt sad. I got him shortly after Jonahs passing. He was the only thing I brought to my new house from home when I moved out.

"meow-meow" Bruno said as he licked my face

"Bruno do I have a story to tell you about what happened today" I said sighing

suddenly my phone buzzed, I got up to check who had texted me and it was ....

Thank you all for reading this chapter. Who do y'all think texted Lani ? Find out in the next chapter. Remember always feel free to leave comments and suggestions. ❤️