5- Bond

Two months have passed. The Metkayina group have mastered all of their lessons. Their feet are tougher, they climb as fast as the normal Omatikaya, they ride a Pa'li swell, they know their way around the forest.

Neteyam and his siblings were assigned to watch over the Metkayina on a kill. Kiri tagged along with Rotxo's sister and Rotxo. Lo'ak tagged along with Tsireya, and Neteyam tagged along Ao'nung.

They hid behind a tree. Across the way was a creature. A deer-like creature. Ao'nung raised his bow and an arrow. He turned to face the beast. The creature turned and growled at Ao'nung. Ao'nung let go of the arrow. Neteyam smiled. They ran to the beast. Ao'nung knelt down to the beast. Grabbing his knife he spoke in Na'vi. "I see you." he stabbed the creature finishing it off. "Brother." "And thank you." "Your spirit goes with Eywa." "Your body stays behind to become part of the people." He put his knife away, he then removed the arrow.  Neteyam stood up. "Clean kill, you are ready."

Neteyam walked off as Ao'nung followed. They talked as they walked back. "You will move quickly when taming your Ikran. They are fast, make Tsaheylu when you get the chance, never waste it." Neteyam explained. "Okay." Ao'nung nodded his head.

Neteyam climbed up a tree. "Race you." Neteyam laughed. Ao'nung turned his head slightly. "Race?" Neteyam rolled his eyes playfully. "It is where people run and the first one wins and the last one loses." Ao'nung smirked and nodded. Neteyam put his hand up. Each finger went up as he spoke. "1 . . 2 . . 3 . . Go!" He counted. Neteyam started. He ran up and grabbed a vine, he swung to the other tree. Ao'nung started to run. A vine blocked his way. He jumped the vine and continued to run. Neteyam turned his head to look. He smiled at Ao'nung.

They made it to Hometree and Neteyam was the first. "I won." Neteyam laughed. Ao'nung spoke out of air. "That's not fair!" He tried to laugh. Neteyam hit his head. "Skxawng!" Neteyam laughed."Ow!" Ao'nung winced. "I will be back." Neteyam laughed. "Bye!" Ao'nung waved.

Neteyam walked over to a man sharpening his knife and mumbling. "Nunet." The man stopped mumbling and sharpening his knife to look up. 'I see you.' the man greeted Neteyam. Neteyam repaid the man's respect, 'I see you.' The man smiled. "What is it that you need?" the man's eyebrows furrowed. "Have you seen Ol'unu?" Neteyam asked. The man smiled. "Ma'itan is with the hunters just outside the village." Neteyam smiled. "Thank you." Neteyam smiled.

Voices were heard. Neteyam walked over to them. "Tunte, you aren't doing it right!" Ol'unu spoke. "Good morning." Neteyam spoke. Ol'unu turned. Ol'unu walked over to Neteyam. "What do you need?" Ol'unu smiled. "Look, I need you to-" Neteyam was interrupted. "Tsireya, you did it!" Neteyam turned his head. "I need you to-" Once again interrupted. "Rotxo, man you did it?" Neteyam rolled his eyes. "Lo'ak will you stop!?" Neteyam yelled. "Sorry big bro!" Neteyam turned his head to face Ol'unu. "I need you to take the Metkayina with you tomorrow to bond with an Ikran." Ol'unu turned his head in annoyance. Neteyam snapped his fingers. "Hey look at me." Neteyam spoke with a rough tone. 

"Do it." Neteyam didn't even give Ol'unu time to protest. Neteyam walked away. 

                                                 -----------------------------

Neteyam stood in front of the three water Na'vi. "I will meet you on the mountain." he spoke as he passed the reef Na'vi long leafs. "Kiri will be with you the whole time, just follow Ol'unu and you will be fine."  Ol'unu was impatient. "Let's move!" he spoke roughly. Neteyam called out for Sazem. She appeared from the sky. She lowered her wing

 to allow Neteyam on. Neteyam mounted her back and pulled his visor down. He called out once again and soon they were in the air. Tsireya held her brother's arm. "Come on." Ao'nung followed behind Tsireya.