♡ used to this ♡

Start from the beginning

Isabelle sighed. "I know."

It was true, but she needed to get rid of the sudden nerves that she felt. She didn't know why they were there, but they needed to be gone.

Come on, Isabelle, she scolded herself. You've seen dead bodies. You solved your best friend's death. You can stay over a night at your . . . at your James and Lily's bedroom.

Just then, she realized that they didn't have a label. Well . . . James and Lily did; they're James and Lily, after all. But Isabelle's been too busy to be in a relationship — heck, the most they've ever done was sleep in the same bed, if you could even count that. What was this, then?

"Isabelle?" Lily's voice cut into her thoughts. "Tell me what's going on."

"Lily, it's really nothing," Isabelle shook her off, plastering on a small smile. Everyone always told her to let loose. What they were didn't matter, just as long as she lived in the moment. "Come on. Let's go see James. I bet he's holding himself back from coming down here now."

"Isabelle Vienna Fierro," insisted Lily. "Tell me."

"I should've never told you my full name," Isabelle muttered under her breath. "Lils," she then whispered, noticing how different it sounded today. "Do you trust me?"

Just as she always did when Isabelle used her nickname, but especially now, Lily softened. "Not when you're being like this. You always run away. For once, can't you stay?"

Isabelle's heart skipped a beat at the rare moment of vulnerability that Lily was showing. She traced a finger down Lily's neck, making her shiver.

"I'm staying," Isabelle promised. "It'll take some time for me to get used to it, obviously, but I'm staying, Lily."

Lily's expression, even though it was nearly eleven pm, brightened like the sun as it progressively rose during the day. "Really?"

"Really."

She went on her toes and kissed Isabelle, pulling her closer using her hands, which were on Isabelle's shoulders. When had those gotten there? And should she really be thinking about this when Lily Evans was kissing her?

Eventually, Lily pulled away for air, smiling cheekily as one of her hands traveled down to grab one of Isabelle's. Then she turned and started leading them up the steps without another word.

On the way, though, Isabelle kept drawing Lily in for kisses, her hands traveling up and down her body every time, trying to memorize every inch of her.

Lily giggled. "Is this the alcohol?"

"I missed you," Isabelle tucked a strand of Lily's hair behind her ear. "There were exams, and Sadie, and the Unspeakables interview . . . it's been too long."

"That is completely your fault," said Lily as they reached the door. "Why would you want to be an Unspeakable anyway? We're joining the Order after we get out of Hogwarts."

"Darling, I know James has money," started Isabelle as Lily opened the door and they stumbled through it, "But we need a steady income, and in order to do that you kind of need a job. Besides, I already know too much about their line of work, so they basically threatened me to join them."

"Belly," James whined, lounging on the bed almost like a cat, but he wasn't catlike at all, "Don't tell me you're talking about the future when you just came over."

"It's been a while since I arrived, Jamesie," Isabelle smiled, her eyes traveling to James's hands when he reached out to her, and at the calluses on them. "I was just distracted with Lils."