♡ shameless ♡

terrified 5 + 1; five times valentina rosales kept a secret, one time she told a secret
— warning : the hanahaki disease and everything that comes along with it ( coughing up flowers, throwing up, etc ). i haven't read terrified in a hot minute, and i'm too lazy to, so people might be ooc. also, this is an alternate reality. well, at least in the end, the first five can be interpreted as canon. you'll see why ;)

❝ it's been a secret for the longest time
don't run; no, don't hide
been running from it for the longest time

1.

WHEN VALENTINA ROSALES arrived at Camp Half-Blood, she'd made friends pretty quickly. Specifically with the Stolls and Drew Tanaka, who seemed to bring trouble with them. Well, it was mainly the Stolls, though if anyone said that Drew Tanaka wasn't actively attracting trouble at all times, Val would call them a liar.

Val was simply sitting at a picnic table, talking to Drew who was next to her, when the boys ran up to them, sitting across from them, breathing heavily.

"Act natural!" Travis told them.

"Like we were always here, talking to you two," Connor grinned at the two of them charmingly.

Val relented. It was his thief smile; he always used it when he was trying to get out of a situation. It's his own form of charmspeak, though not as convincing as her and Drew's. "So, boys," she said, "What do you think about the world of dance and how it destroys young girls' lives?"

"Uh . . ." Travis looked over at Connor, alarmed, who just shrugged with an equally panicked face.

Val let out a giggle, looking over at Drew, but she wasn't laughing, just staring off in the distance. But when she heard Val's laugh, she started to laugh, too.

Val resisted the urge to frown. Drew was never like that — spaced out, thinking about other things. She was always there in the moment. What had changed? Val would ask her later.

"We told you two to act natural," Connor complained.

"This is natural for us," Drew said, seemingly her normal, sarcastic self now, but Val knew better. "Us laughing at you two."

"Val, tell her off!" Travis leaned across the table to slap his hands in front of her.

"She is right," she shrugged. "I can't fault her for telling you the truth. Although, you haven't told us what you're running from . . ."

"Or who," Drew added. "And why."

Connor ran his hands through his hair, sighing. "Fine. But you have to promise not to laugh."

"Honey, I can't promise that," Drew said sweetly, "But I'd like to know."

"I'll promise for the both of us," Val resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "And I also would like to know who you bothered and why."

"Well," Travis started, "It all started when—"

"STOLLS!" An unfamiliar voice yelled. As Travis and Connor shrunk into themselves, trying to hide as Drew and Val turned. Val saw a girl storming toward their table, with blond hair in a tight ponytail and an angry expression.

"You pissed off Annabeth Chase?" Drew stood up, dragging Val with her. "Never mind, I never promised anything. Tell us later what happened. Bye!"

"Wait, Drew," Val frowned. "Why can't we stay? They need help!"