♡ should've said it ♡

Start from the beginning

You arrived last, mostly because your little sister, Maia, was begging you to stay. You told her that you'd come back as much as you wanted to. Which might not be much time at all, but you'd see her all you wanted at Hogwarts in a month and a half for her first year. She'd be fine. She survived every other year without you, and throughout your time at Hogwarts.

"Y/n!" James's mother, Euphemia, immediately embraced you. "Oh, you've grown so tall! And so handsome. Come in, come in!"

You'd wrapped your arms around her before pulling away when she ushered you in, smiling at her as you closed the door behind you, taking off your shoes. "I don't feel like I have," you admitted. "Maia tries to climb me like a tree, though. She's constantly asking for piggyback rides or a ride on my shoulders during walks."

Euphemia led you to where the others were, chatting to you on the way. Even after years of staying at this giant house, you still didn't know where you were going half the time. "How is she? You should bring her more often."

"Nah, she doesn't like the boys," you smiled at the thought of your sister, and of the boys, namely one. "Maybe for the annual summer ball. But she wants to stay in for the summer, maybe be with some of her friends as well. She wants to study and be the smartest one in her year, since she's gonna be a first year."

"Little Maia's going to be a first year?" asked Euphemia. "It seems like yesterday I was holding her as a baby."

"Oh, she still is a baby," you chuckled, making it to one of the living rooms, where all of your friends are sorted. "But, yeah, I'll be bringing her on the train in a month and a half and hoping that she doesn't embarrass herself."

"Y/n, what the fuck!" Marlene screamed when she saw you and Euphemia at the door. Mrs. Potter just smiled at you fondly before leaving, probably because she didn't want to hear Marlene swearing.

"Good god," Lily was staring at you, not even scolding Marlene for swearing, "did you grow half a foot in two months?"

"Why is everyone making such a big deal out of it?" you asked, feeling sort of uncomfortable. Then you made eye contact with Remus, who was staring at you with wide eyes, and you fought back a smirk. "I grew tall. So what?"

"'I grew tall'," Mary parroted, waving her hands at you dismissively. "You're literally the same height as Remus! Remus, go stand next to him! Height check!"

"Height check! Height check! Height check!" Dorcas chanted.

You watched as Remus rolled his eyes, but he pushed himself off of the couch so he could come to stand next to you. His warmth was comforting, something you'd come to miss during the month and a half you'd been apart.

However, when your gaze flickered around, you noticed James staring at you the same way Remus had; wide eyed and in disbelief, as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

Meanwhile, Lily was squinting at you both. "Remus is taller by an inch or two," she declared. "And you're, what, 6'3?"

"Yeah." Remus said, "which means you're in the 6 foot club, Y/n."

That used to be a club of only Remus and James. Now you were in it, shorter than Remus but taller than James. At least, you think so. James is only 6', right?

You didn't know nor care. You switched your hold on your trunk to your left hand, then you offered your hand to Remus. When he put his hand in yours, you shook it. His eyes were down at your hand, even when you let go of his after holding it for a second too long.

"Good to be included," you sent him a grin before looking away, finding James still staring at you. As he looked away after being caught, Sirius piped up for the first time since your arrival: "L/n! Good on you for coming fashionably late."