✧ chapter 26 ✧

word count: 2543 words

tysm for 1k

***timeskip to 3 years later***

it has been around 3 years since your encounter with inumaki at the ice cream shop and he has asked you out since then. on your first date, you mostly talked to each other about how life was going on and such. it felt nice to talk to him again after 5 years and you enjoyed every moment. before you knew it, you were falling for him again.

fast forward to now, you were back in your relationship with him and life couldn't get any better. you also moved in with him 4 months ago and you loved how you could see him next to you every morning. you just loved mornings with him and today was no exception.

"morning, y/n. had a good sleep?"

you yawned as you cuddled closer to your boyfriend and buried your head in his chest.

"morning, toge. mhm, i had a nice dream."

inumaki began to brush his fingers through the strands of your hair.

"oh? care to share?"

you grinned.

"you were in it."

you heard inumaki giggling.

"i see why you liked it then. now we have to get up or we'll be late for work."

you sighed and mumbled.

"right."

you slowly got up and inumaki went to the bathroom. you followed once he was done and got changed for the day. when you went out he was no longer in the bedroom so you went to the kitchen where he was cooking. 

"what is it today?"

"pancakes. i also got all sorts of toppings ready but i know you love the (favorite pancake topping) the most."

you nudged him teasingly.

"you know me best, don't you?"

you then made your way over to the dining table and plopped down as inumaki came over with two plates of pancakes in his hand.

"here you go."

"thank you, toge."

he smiled at you as you took your cutlery to begin eating your breakfast. you didn't forget to add (favorite pancake topping) which was already conveniently placed in front of you. you loved how you knew the little things about you, about your style in clothes, your preferences in food, and many more. he was the perfect boyfriend you could ever ask for. 

inumaki sat down in front of you and began eating his pancake too. your eyes locked as you ate and he smiled. you smiled back as you took a bite of your delicious pancake and soon the two of you began giggling at each other.

"you're blushing, love."

"no, you are."

"am not."

"you are."

inumaki then extended his hand and squeezed your hand in his. even though it was something he often did, you still began to blush even more than you were.

"see, you're the one that's blushing."

you pouted at him and he laughed.

"i told you years ago right? i love your pretty blushing face."

***mini timeskip***

you walked down the busy morning streets of tokyo with your bag for work in your right hand and your boyfriend's hand in the other. the two of you made your way down the street and waited for the light to turn green. it was really crowded around this hour as everyone was rushing to work so inumaki always made sure to hold your hand so you wouldn't get separated from him.