✧ chapter 19 ✧

word count: 1851 words
angst pt 2 begins here

"i'm home."

you closed your home's front door and locked it. you saw that there was a cup of coffee on the table meaning your mom already got home from work. your mother then poked her head out from the kitchen.

"oh, y/n? finally, you're back!"

"are you cooking mom? it smells nice!"

she went back to the kitchen and you looked inside. 

"mhm, it's teriyaki chicken for dinner."

"sounds nice! well, i'll head upstairs."

you walked up the stairs and opened the door to your room. once you closed the door, you immediately headed for your bed and plopped down on your back making it shake a little. you sighed as you closed your eyes and reminisced your time with inumaki earlier that day. the fresh air, the colourful flowers, the pretty butterflies... you wished you could do it all again. 

"y/n! dinner's ready!"

"okay, mom! let me get changed first!"

you sighed as you got back on your feet and went to take your home clothes from your closet. just as you were about to open the closet door, you spotted the shopping bag which contained the clothes inumaki picked for you sitting on the floor in front of the door. you smiled and went over to it to take the clothes out and admired them.

i guess his taste isn't that bad...

you then folded them and placed them neatly into your closet. you then chose a pink sleeping gown to wear and closed your closet. 

once you got dressed, you opened your door and started down the stairs to the dining room

once you got dressed, you opened your door and started down the stairs to the dining room. your sister was already sitting on the table with your mother while waiting for you to come down. you saw your plate which already had white rice and teriyaki chicken placed next to it. 

"that sure looks good! it smells good too! i can't wait to dig in!!"

you sat down and all three of you said a prayer before eating. your sister then looked at you.

"so, sis, what made you go home late? 

she smirked.

"went on a date?"

your face had a slight blush.

"um, yeah. we went to the new mall on sanagawa street. it was so big!!"

your mother also glanced at you while eating.

"and? what did you do there?"

"we just looked around the department store for a bit before heading to the garden."

"oh yeah! i heard the garden is gorgeous!! my friend, rika, went there with her family last week and she said it was like heaven!"

the last words your sister said made you remember how often you said that earlier during the date.