✧ chapter 20 ✧

word count: 1831 words 

you sighed as you plopped down onto your chair in your classroom. inumaki didn't walk you to school that day since he had to come earlier for some project or something. you didn't mind though, you weren't really in the mood to talk to him. not with the big news that you got last weekend. 

"yo, y/n! why are you looking so gloomy?"

nobara smirked as she came closer to you.

"is it because your beloved boyfriend didn't walk you to school?"

you rolled your eyes.

"shut up, nobara. i don't really mind about that. it's something else."

nobara widened her eyes.

"oh? what? spill it!"

you let out a sigh as you put your hands together in front of you like in a praying position. nobara then grabbed her chair and pulled it next to yours. she sat down and waited for your answer.

"i... i'm going to move out."

"w-what? move out?"

"yea, my dad's job got relocated to the branch in singapore and the whole family's gonna follow."

nobara quickly stood up from her seat and slammed her hands on your desk which startled you. you looked up at her abruptly and saw that she had a surprised expression with tears starting to form in her eyes.

"n-nobara..."

"Y/N! PLEASE DON'T JOKE AROUND!!"

"i-i'm not joking..."

nobara sat back down and didn't say a word. you didn't want to leave your best friend, either. you sighed and gave her a pat on the back.

"don't worry. you'll fine a new friend. i'm sure of it."

"y/n..."

"anyhow, you still have itadori and megumi! isn't that nice?"

she rolled her eyes.

"yeah, but, it's not the same. and they're annoying. ugh."

you gave her a small smile.

"at least you can have fun with them, right?"

"well, yeah..."

"hey! what's up with the girl talk?"

you and nobara turned to see itadori grinning as he stood in front of your table. you smiled at him.

"so curious, aren't you?"

nobara looked away from itadori, hoping that he didn't see her nearly sobbing face.

"eh? nobara? are you crying?"

nobara cursed under her breath before looking back at itadori. he seemed surprised looking at nobara's teary eyes. 

"eh...? what's going on?"

out of nowhere, nobara suddenly stood up and pulled itadori by his school uniform's collar which surprised him. 

"SHUT UP, IDIOT! Y/N IS MOVING AWAY SO WILL YOU JUST GIVE ME TIME TO PROCESS THIS?!"

"EEEEEHHHHHH???"

itadori stepped back and looked at you with widened eyes.

here we go...

"Y/N?? YOU'RE REALLY MOVING OUT???"

you avoided itadori's gaze.

"um, yeah..."

"but why?! the school year just started 4 months ago!"