Chapter 13 - Window of Happiness

TWO MONTHS LATER

It was completely dark in the room around Rachel as she and Daryl lay in bed in the middle of the night. He was only half asleep, absentmindedly nuzzling his face into his pillow as he drifted off. Rachel was pretty much wide awake, lying on her side to face Daryl.

The thin tendrils of white moonlight coming from the gaps in the window behind Rachel hit Daryl's face, illuminating his features, and making him look softer than usual. His hair was fanning over his face, and Rachel smiled a little as she reached out to tuck the brown strands behind his ear.

He hummed a little in his dozy state, and it made Rachel's heart melt. For a tough, crossbow-wielding, biker-guy, he could be very cute.

With a devious smile, Rachel propped herself up on her elbow to lean over Daryl, pressing a kiss to his cheek. Then another, then another, starting to trail her lips down the side of his neck.

"What you want?" he asked with a raspy chuckle. "Hmm?"

"Mm, nothin'," Rachel whispered, softly nipping at his earlobe.

"C'mon, leave me alone." He mumbled, turning his head away.

Rachel kissed his temple. "Don't wanna."

Daryl kept his eyes closed, hooking his arm around Rachel's middle, and stroking her spine with his fingertips. "It's the middle of the night, Rach," he mused quietly.

"I know." She kissed along his neck again. "So?"

"So, let me sleep," he tiredly mumbled.

He was trying to be serious. But there was a smirk on his lips as he held her, silently enjoying her kisses. He felt her smile against his neck before pressing a kiss to his jaw.

"If you wanna go to sleep, then go to sleep," she whispered. "But you gotta stop pulling me closer."

Rachel pressed a soft kiss to Daryl's lips, and her hand began to trail down his bare chest to his torso. Her fingertips danced along his warm skin, only inches away from the band of his underwear before stopping and just tapping his lower stomach as if she were playing the piano.

He smiled, opening one eye.

"You're a persistent son' bitch, you know that?" he chuckled, raising an eyebrow.

Giggling and biting her bottom lip, Rachel nodded her head. "Yup."

Daryl then tugged on her hips and rolled them both over, so he was laying on his back with Rachel on top of him, her legs straddling his waist. Only the materiel of their underwear was separating them. Daryl put his hands on Rachel's thighs, and she smirked playfully, leaning down to push his nose with hers.

"Alright," Daryl breathed out, brushing his lips against hers. "If we're gonna do this... We gotta do it quiet."

Rachel kissed his cheek. "Mhmm."

"Cause your little girl is fast asleep down the hall," Daryl continued, his hands slowly inching further up Rachel's thighs, his touches featherlight against her skin.

"I know," Rachel whispered.

Daryl tilted his head to kiss her temple and whisper in her ear. "I ain't gonna be the one to wake her up... But I got a feelin' you will."

She pulled back slightly, so she could look into his eyes. "I'll be quiet," she said quietly, kissing his lips chastely as she added, "Promise."

"Alright." The corners of Daryl's lips curled into a smile, and he closed his eyes, releasing a slow breath. "C'mon then."