1. Oᴜᴛ ᴏғ Lᴏᴠᴇ

(This is the 1st draft, as well as all chapters. These will not be the finalized chapters. )

1969, Manhattan NYMy husband is getting ready to "go out" for the millionth time

1969, Manhattan NY
My husband is getting ready to "go out" for the millionth time. I'm also getting ready to "go out" with my friends, at least that's what he thinks. That's all he knows and all he needs to know.

I told Cynthia she could play with her friends outside the apartment while we were out, which seemed to surprise her. I never let her go play outside without our supervision, even if she's with friends. The city is a scary place, and I never trusted her. But today, I needed something to distract her. And, if everything goes as planned, someone to blame.

Look, I know it's wrong, but I don't want to go to prison. I want to get away with this, maybe even get some sympathy from the press. I can just see it: 'Widow heartbroken after the death of her husband,  murdered by her own once-beloved daughter"
She's the only person I know that will easily take the blame. She loves me, I'm her mom. She'll do anything for me, right?

I touch up my makeup as David ties his tie, getting ready to leave. Cynthia was already out playing hopscotch with her other friends, I could only somewhat keep an eye on her through the window past my vanity. I need her to stay out there for as long as possible. If she comes back, my entire plan will be ruined.

I peer back at David and he's still busy getting himself ready. He seriously can't take any longer. I just need him to leave, for Christ's sake.

I slip on my white gown and he finally grabs his keys and makes his way to the door. He peeks his head into the bathroom where I'm getting myself dolled up.

  "I'm leaving, you have an eye on Cece right? I won't be back until late."

Yeah I know you will, it's not like you haven't shown up past midnight almost every night of the week. He really thinks I'm an idiot.

"I'll watch her when I can. I'm also going out with a couple of friends tonight, I'll tell her to come back in before I leave."

He nods and slams the door shut behind him. Now all I have to do is wait a while for him to really leave and I'll make my move.

I glance out of the window one last time to make sure Cynthia is still occupied- to which she is, and I start to grab the most recent love letter and take a look at the address; just to see where they planned to meet up. Some type of bar, not far from the apartment.
I gather a couple of more to read the address of the mistress's house, which also happens to be fairly close by. Only a couple blocks down. I figured she is probably getting ready right about now, which is the perfect time to execute my plan. As long as I do it quickly before she leaves, all should be well.

I tuck the letters in my bag, and grab a dagger my husband had owned and kept in a safe. Never quite sure why he had it, but it was still sharp and perfect for what I needed.

I called a taxi and within a few minutes, I'm already at her house- well, apartment. After a bit of searching, I find the address that matches hers, and knock on the door.

A young woman slowly opens the door. Her hair was so bright it was an eye sore to look at; bright blonde hair with small waves down barely brushing her shoulders. She looked no older than me, but not necessarily younger either. Her makeup caked her entire face, topped with a bright red lipstick.

There was no doubt she was gorgeous in some ways, but I can't imagine she was as nice as she appeared. She seemed annoyed that I had interrupted her, and she observed me with a snarky look on her face.

"What do you want? I'm busy."

"I need to call someone but I don't have any change for a pay phone nearby. Can I use your telephone, just for a moment?"

She rolled her eyes and opened up the door slightly more, gesturing for me to come inside. She showed me to the phone and groaned before storming off back to her bathroom.

"Make it quick. I have plans and I don't have time for company."

Her apartment was rather small, many simple colors and very few decorations or furniture. I noticed a frame with a picture of her and what appears to be her two kids on it.

She has kids? I can't imagine being this woman's son or daughter. She must be a headache. Hell, she's already giving me one and I've only been here for two minutes. I feel slightly guilty after looking at the picture. I didn't realize or think of the possibility that she had a family. It reminded me of what our family was like before he started cheating on me. Happy, carefree, and loving.

Snap out of it, it doesn't matter now. There's no turning back.

I watched as she went back to pampering herself with powder and lipstick. She was distracted, and now was my time. I slowly pulled the dagger to the top of my handbag, where I could easily pull it out.

I came up behind her, and she spotted me in the mirror.

"What the hell do you want? You're here to use my phone, now hurry up. I don't want you in my house."

"You think you can take my husband away from me, don't you?"

I draw the weapon out of the purse, presenting the sharp blade in my hands. She instantly catches notice of it, whipping completely around and tensing up.

She seemed about as crazy as I was. "What the hell do you think you're doing? Get out before I call the cops."

I continued to walk forwards, causing her to slowly move back, frightened.

"You're his ugly little wife, aren't you? You pathetic piece of shit."

Her voice started trembling, even though she tried to act tough. I couldn't stand to look at her anymore. My rage and pain was mixing together and taking over me, I couldn't control myself.

She started to run towards the telephone to call the cops, but I had her cornered and the doors were shut.

Next thing I know, I had stabbed her repeatedly, plunging it deeper and deeper until I knew she was dead. My mind was thinking far more than I could comprehend, and I just couldn't stop myself. Everything happened in a heartbeat.

I just watched the life leave a woman's eyes.