Chapter 16- I love you, that's real

Start from the beginning

Mal looked up at the girl making eye contact with her. "I can't be a princess, I can't be the person you think I am."

Brooke shook her head. "I want you to be you. I want you to be the leather wearing purple haired beauty that I know you are." Brooke placed a hand on the girls' cheek. "I love you for you. I fell in love with you, not the princess you pretended to be, I fell in love with you."

Mal leaned in the taller girls touch, closing her eyes for a moment.

"Answer me this honestly. If I never gave you that cookie, would you still be with Audrey? And three of us just be normal students with each other." Mal asked quietly. Her voice was soft and shy, and she was afraid.

She was afraid of the answer, maybe a part of it, though that if Brooke stayed with Audrey, it would be easier for her.

Brooke clenched her jaw. She didn't care about the cookie. "How do you think I felt? Hmm, you both come here, and as soon as we meet, you draw me in with a spell, and I'm not talking about the cookie." Brooke replied. She knew it wasn't a complete answer, but she hoped it was enough to ease the girls mind to get her to come back to Auradon. "The two of you. You and Evie, you enchanted me the moment I met you both. I am consumed by both of you, I can not live without you. So don't make me."

Brooke pleaded. She was begging for Mal to give her something. Anything.

Mal looked up at Brooke to see her already looking down at her, Mal liked the way Brooke looked at her it made her feel alive.

For the first time in her life, she was actually being seen.

"I...I.." Say it. Mal begged with herself to say those words. But she couldn't. They were on the tip of her tongue, yet there was some sort of blockage stopping her.

"It's okay." Brooke whispered softly, using her hand to stroke Mal's cheek.

Mal shook her head, taking a step back. "It's not okay!" Mal moved to pace back and forth. "I ran away from you, and you're still in love with me?" Mal turned to look at Brooke, who pursed her lips and nodded.

Mal froze a hundred thoughts running through her head, all of them started, and ended with Brooke and Evie.

"We could stay here for a while?" As soon as they words left Brooke's mouth, she regretted it as soon as Mal turned round to glare at her.

"Absolutely not. It's a risk you even be here." Mal snapped.

"Well, if you talked to me instead, i wouldn't have to come." Brooke let it slip before she could even process what she had said.

Brooke winced when she realised what she had said. "Sorry."

"See!" Mal pointed at her. "There it is, you don't tell me anything about how you truly feel, and when you do. You just apologize."

"You're right." Brooke said after a moment of silence. "I don't talk to you about my problems because I don't like to make my issues yours. But you know what's real, that I love you. That's real."

Mal ran her hand through her hair, and Brooke felt around in her back pocket.

"I gave you this." Brooke held up the ring in her gloved hand. "I gave it to you because.. because I knew. I knew you were the one for me, you and Evie." Brooke walked towards Mal slowly.

She took the girls hand in her own and held the ring out.

"Come back to us." Brooke whispered.

They stayed like that for a moment, staring at each other. Mal had a thousand thoughts running through her head, and Brooke could see them, hoping that the one she wanted was pushing forward.

"You..." Mal started. "You should go." Mal whispered as she pressed her head against Brooke's. "Take the others with you."

"Mal." Brooke's voice was a whisper as she pleaded with just the name.

"Go." Mal pulled away, turning around. "Go Brooke, I don't want you here anymore."

Brooke nodded her head. "Okay." No matter how much she hated this, the fact she was now walking down the stairs.

She wouldn't force Mal. No, she knew Mal needed to come back on her own free will.

But all Brooke could do was wait and pray to all the gods. That Mal would come back to her.

"She said no." Evie's voice broke her from her thoughts. She looked up, and Evie, who was leaning against the wall.

"She said no." Brooke repeated.

She couldn't do it, she could hardly stand. She had a life before she met Mal and Evie. She had her life with Mal and Evie.

She couldn't imagine a life without them.

They were the reason she lived, the reason she does what she can do today.

Brooke remembered her father telling her that her mother was and still is the reason who he is to this day.

She always admired her parents' love story. She longed to grow up and find a love like that.

But what happens if she's losing that love.

Brooke found herself sitting against the wall on the floor, Evie had gone up. Leaving the two boys to look after Brooke.

The blue haired girl may or may not have threatened everything they hold dear if they let Brooke out there sight.

"Stupid." Brooke groaned as she threw her head back against the wall in anger.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, las." She furrowed her eyebrows at the heavy accent that came here way.

She looked up and spotted a boy around her age, and he had dark black hair that came out under his pirate hat. His percing blue eyes started at her with a twinkle.

"Well, it's the truth." She said to the man.

He shrugged. "Maybe, but curse to yourself after I've knocked you out." She furrowed her eyebrows, although before she could do anything like move.

His knee came flying into her face.

Sorry for the long wait. I've been busy and under a bit of pressure recently. But like always, I hoped you enjoyed and sorry for any spelling mistakes.

But holy shit, UMA! Is arriving. Where gonna see a jealous Mal and Evie very soon.