Mayabang akong nagkibit-balikat sa kaniya.

“So...?”

He smiled and faked a cough. “Well, during those time too, i was blinded with red, like a freaking walking red flag. Literally, all of my doings are what a brat would. Club here, club there. Shopping there, races here. I'll do whatever i think i wants to. Then, when she came, Asra seemed to wants to change me for better. But dude, i am raised in bad ways, of course, not literally.” he continued.

I nod at him.

“Then....?”

Napalabi siya. “Well, i... Everytime, she will tries to, i will violent here. And i did come too far, one night, i forced her to give herself to me.” he added.

My eyes widened.

“HOY! NAKNANG! TAPOS MAY PA-CHASE CHASE KA NGAYON?! KAPAL NG MUKHA MO, AH!” pang-jajudge ko pa sa kaniya.

He chuckled. “Well, ewan ko, basta, ganito nga siguro talaga ako. A bad boy looking like a good boy. In everyone's eyes, specially my parent's business partner. I'm the good boy between me and Eight but what they don't  know. Magkaparehas lang kami ni Eight, walang good boy sa aming dalawa.” he added which makes me agreed, totoo naman kasi!

“Nagka-ayus kayo?” i asked.

He nodded. “Yes, we became the sweetest of the sweetest couple. Halos lagi kaming inuulan ng mga pang-aasar dati, eh. Asra is a very kind woman, she knows what she wants. She's independent on her own way. She's smart, pretty, have a golden heart—not literally. Yes, she's not perfect, specifically at cleaning. But for me, she's someone i wants to be mine forever. But she has dreams so i let her go... Temporarily.” his pertaining to the contest that Nagarathna Asvoria Venus Lopez joined in.

I hummed and nod. “And she won those contest. Hakot award, eh, galing kumanta, um-acting, sumayaw, magaling din sa choice of words.” i agreed.

He nod too and smile proudly. “She's like a star, a beautiful shiny star.”

Natawa kaming parehas.

“Anong nangyare?” i asked.

His eyes turned into deadly. “I caught her, kissing another man naked on his bed.” a tear suddenly fall from his left eye.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at napa-amang ang bibig ko.

“Nagsumbatan kami, from the pain i caused her to the pain she caused me. From the problem i gave her tl the problem she gave me. From things she gave me and things i gave her. Lahat-lahat sinumbat namin, and that time, i know, what we has isn't love. Because love doesn't do what we do.” he gulped as he wiped his tear.

He sighed. “I know, i deserve what she gave me. The pain, yeah, whatever.” he gulped again and looked away. “Then, one night, she knocked on my door, saying she's pregnant with my child and i'm really an asshole.”

Doon pa lang ay tila alam ko na, my eyes widened as i shooked my head.

“Tangina! Hala!” i shouted.

His nose reddened so as his cheeks. “I told her to abort the child or else... Everything we've had will be nothing from that day on.” he bite his lower lip as he tries not to cry. Sa pag-aalala ay niyakap ko siya na gaya sa mga magkakaibigan. “A-akala ko pipiliin niya... I-iyong bata... I-i regret it... Palagi... N-naiisip ko... K-kasalanan ko, i shouldn't haved decide for her body, wala akong karapatan sa simula pa lang, eh.” nanghihina niyang pag-amin at niyakap na din ako  pabalik at humagulhol.

“Pina-abort niya nga iyong bata pero bago niya pina-abort, pina-DNA niya muna, patunay na anak nga namin iyon. Nang makuha ko iyong result, hinang hina ako, sising-sisi ako. I'm such a bad sinful father.” he added as he cries.

Hinalo ko siya, hinaplos ko ang likod niya.

“Sshhh, kasi naman, eh. Ssshh, tahan na.” pag-alo ko sa kaniya.

He stares at my eyes.

“Nagkaroon ulit ng kami.” he continued. “Nagka-ayus kami, but then.... I caught her again, the same hotel, same room, different man. That time, it was with Roosevelt Kade Vasquez, i question myself too much after that, to the point that i was confined at the mental hospital that my brother, Eight owned.” he confessed.

Napalabi ako at nanahimik sa ilang segundo. “I-I don't know what to say, Fourth. But remember that whatever happens, there are still people on this world who waits for you to finally notice them and maybe... Because they love you. And I'm one of them, Fourth, because you're my friend.” i tried to comfort him with my words.

I heard him chuckling.

“Thank you, Zaira.”

Ngumiti lang ako sa kaniya kahit na nakayakap siya sa akin at nakatalikod sa akin.

“You're one of the best fiancée, huh.” he added that makes us laugh.