I took a moment to think about what happened, I was hit at the back of the head, and judging by the way he blocked my attack I could only come up with one conclusion. "Well your left hand is holding your spear as you blocked my sword, with your position the chances of you kicking me is slim to none. With that being said the most possible outcome I can come up with is your right hand, you either punched me or elbowed me with it." I answered him.

"Good instincts. Well shall we continue?"

Now that I received a hit from him my body seemed to have gotten loose, I didn't realize that I was so tense back there. That hit was a wake up call. Of course he is stronger than me, that much is a fact, I tried to finish the fight in one strike, how stupid was that. This is an opportunity, a spar, this is not a real fight. That blow made me realize it. If he wanted I'd be dead already.

I took a couple of deep breaths and gave myself a slap to hype myself up. He is stronger than me and this is just a spar. It means that I can let loose and experiment. It's not everyday that I can fight someone as strongly as him. I have to give it my all.

"Yes please!" I answered him, my voice filled with enthusiasm, I held my katana with two hands and took a stance. I let my mana run wild inside my body as a smile crept up in my face.

"Now come at me with everything that you got!" he said as he twirled his spear.

And with that I dashed at him with the goal to learn and to grow strong as much as I can.

But a question was running in my mind as I face this man.

.
.
.
.
.

*Narration*

-10 minutes later

Denki was lying at the ground, he is breathing heavily as his body was filled with bruises and dirt. He can't recall how many times he had tasted the ground.

But he was happy nonetheless, he had learned so many new things because of this experience, and August was giving him something new to learn, giving him guidance as the spar went on. Telling him his flaws, his blindspots, how he can move better. He was so happy that he was smiling from ear to ear even when he was lying on the verge of unconsciousness on the ground.

August was impressed, Denki was even better than he thought. He had attacked August with everything he had and it showed that he was a skilled swordsman.

Denki was learning something new at every exchange he has with August, but at the same time August had picked up a thing or two in their spar. And August much like Denki can't wait to try out what he learned.

"Hey Denki, how long are you planning on lying there? Get up already." August was badgering Denki nonstop.

"Can't you fucking wait? I'm tired as fuck here, fuck I need a rest or something!" he said pissed. Denki is the type of person who gets pissed when he's tired.

"Well you can rest when we're done. I just want to try something and I think you'll find benefits in watching this so get up already."

Denki sat up faster than he intended to do so which made him dizzy. He was excited by the fact that August wanted to show him something that may help him grow stronger. "Uhgg..." he groans but the next moment he was enthusiastically speaking. "I'm all ears, what do you need? Can I help? Is it a new move?" he wiped some dirt off him as he stood up.

"Okay..." August finds his behavior odd but ignores it. He just accepted the fact that Denki was a martial arts idiot. "Anyway it looks like you're up now. I want you to watch this carefully." He walked in the middle of the open space and took a basic spear stance. "Your first attack earlier was impressive but can be improved"