CHAPTER 43

Yes, it's me, the author, here after a long time.

Okay so first of all - long chapter alert!

And secondly - come on guys, comment more, show some encouragement and love please.

XOXO,

The Fidgeting Monk.

"Theme?" Elora asked.

"Silver, crystals and white," Aurora said.

"Dress code?" Elena asked.

"Let's say Christmas colours," Aurora said.

"So basically red and green?" Elena asked.

"Not really. People often forget that gold too, is a Christmas color," Aurora said.

"And so the royal family alone can be in gold!" Adelaide exclaimed.

Aurora nodded at her.

"Isn't that unfair?" Kate asked, looking up from the guest list she was preparing.

"We're not restricting them from wearing gold Kate. I'm just saying they'll naturally only arrive in green and red," Aurora said.

"Besides, we're the royal family. We are the ones organizing the ball. We can be as unfair as we want," Elena said, meaning her words as a joke.

"So you're saying I'm not part of the royal family?" Kate asked.

"Not yet," Elena said. "But you're welcome to be in gold too".

"No thanks. Don't want to look like a cheap ornament," she muttered.

"Lady Katherine Harris. Know your place," Elora said sharply, and Kate flushed.

Aurora and Adelaide looked at each other.

They were in Elora's office, just the women, planning the ball. It had been going well - they were all sipping glasses of eggnog or hot chocolate, already in the festive mood.

"I designed the invite last night," Aurora said, waving her hand, a holographic screen appearing with a festive invite.

"Maybe increase the font size and add a bit more of golden swirls near the corners?" Elora suggested, her tone changing.

Aurora incorporated the changes, and her mother said, "Perfect".

"I was thinking about the decorations, and was thinking - we'll have large GM tree in the middle of the ballroom, under which the guests can keep their presents. We can decorate it the day before, and open our personal gifts then," Adelaide suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds nice," Aurora said. "We'll need to suspend gold baubles just a bit above an average person's height, and can have our servers wear festive sweaters?".

"Or we can gift different ones to each of them," Elena proposed.

"That can be our gift to them," Elora said, smiling.

"How about we have a ginger bread house decorating station?" Aurora asked.

"You think Kings and Queens are going to actually do that?" Kate asked skeptically.

"Why not?" Elora said, defending Aurora. "A lot of them are leaving their homes and coming here to spend Christmas with us. I'm sure they would love to do such an activity that they were missing back home".

Kate shrugged, and Aurora looked at her mother gratefully.

"For food, we can have sticky toffee pudding, cookies, chocolate bark-".