CHAPTER 28

"Wow," Elena said, as the holographic screen in front of them closed.

She collapsed onto a nearby couch.

"He stole my ring. And proposed to a girl. Without telling!" she screeched the last part out, jumping to her feet. 

Elora and Edward stared at each other, not knowing what to do at that point.

"I'm going to kill him!" Elena cried out loud, looking around, as though searching for a weapon.

"I never thought I would say this, but you sound just like your niece," Edward said.

Elora sighed.

"That went horribly," she said.

"You think?" her sister asked her sarcastically.

"Will she really run away?" Elora asked, ignoring her sister and looking at her husband.

"I don't know," Edward said worriedly. "I just sent the documents with our evidence to her room. Eric and Lucian must've seen it. Hopefully they calm her down".

"Or they can aggravate her fury," Elena added, very unhelpfully.

Elora sighed again - this wasn't how she'd imagined her reunion with her daughter.

It seemed to be getting worse and worse by the minute.

"Why isn't anyone talking about how my son nearly proposed to a girl?" Elena asked.

"Because we know that the girl is a good one. She was the one we wanted Eric to marry," Edward said.

"You better not steal my daughter-in-law from me, Edward," Elena warned, her mood shifting immediately.

"Luke hasn't even proposed to her yet!" Elora said, raising her hands in exasperation.

They were going nowhere - so many things had happened in the past few hours, that each one of them were speaking about completely different things.

A holograph floated in front of Edward. 

He glanced at his wife and asked, "How do you want Ella's room to be painted - white or off white?".

"Off white," Elora replied immediately. "She won't like white. She thinks the color is too sharp".

Edward nodded, and typed midair to convey her choice.

"Oh good lord, she hates me," Elora said, her resolve crumbling and she buried her face in her hands.

"If it helps, she hates me too," Elena said.

Elora raised her head. Everyone loved Elena, and if Ella hated her, then... well, that just meant she hated everyone who resembled her.

Hurrah!

"It does," she said, finally.

"He proposed to a girl!" Elena screamed.

"I know!" Elora screamed back, both of them excited for some reason.

"He stole my ring too!" Elora shrieked.

"I know!".

Edward sighed again.

"You two are sleep deprived and hormonal. And are giving me a headache. Go to bed, please," he said.

Elora and her twin were about to reply, when they saw a message float mid air.

"It's Eric," Edward said. "He says Ella wants to meet us in the music room".

***