Part 7

Everest was still driving Marshall's ambulance "i can take over if you want" Marshall offered "sure" Everest responded they switched places "wait, what about Ella and Tuck" Everest asked "Tuck is stable enough to be left alone for a bit, and Ella is a lot better since i gave her some Ondansetron".

after driving a while the pups all passed a sign that read 'Adventure City 2 and ½ miles' "finally i've been trying to control my led paw for a while now" Marshall complained "i don't mind some speed" Everest told Marshall "it's not you i'm worried about it's Ella andTuck" Marshall told the husky "right" Everest almost forgot that they were in the back of the ambulance

=============

Chase was still hopeful "if Skye is still alive, is she alright" he knew the word 'if' played a big role in that thought

"Pups here we are" chase yelped through his pup-tag as he passed a sign that read 'now entering Adventure City' he yelped with excitement as his tail wagged stupidly fast "IT'S ALRIGHT, ADVENTURE CITY IS ALRIGHT!!" He was excited that the city was still its big bustling self instead of a ghost town like Adventure Bay. he heard the other pups howl in excitement he couldn't blame them he was tired because he hadn't slept in days, his leg was stiff due to the constant pressure on the gas pedal he had to apply to move at such a steady pace.

It took a while but finally they found the city lookout. "Hey pups" liberty greeted them "you guys look..." she struggled to find the right words "awful" chase finished for her soon the pups were set up even doing patrols around the city. Leaving one pup behind to look after Tuck and one day Zuma was it Ella slept in Chase decided to let her as Zuma walked past Ella's room and heard crying.

"Ella are you okay?" he asked deep down he knew the answer was no

"Of course i am"

"Ella"

Ella couldn't help herself "Tucks hurt and it's my fault! My stomach feels like a washing machine and my heart feels like a wet wash rag!!"

Zuma, for lack of a better reaction nuzzled up next to her "it's not your fault"

"IT IS" Ella protested "if i had not crashed he would be fine"

Zuma wasn't sure how to help the situation so he just nuzzled closer in his best attempt to at least make Ella feel better.

The next day came sooner than either pup expected. Neither could sleep Marshall burst into every room he could until he got to Ella's "Ella" he asked "what?" Ella responded "Tucks awake" the door slammed open

"really? don't joke with me Marshall!"

"it's not a joke i swear" Marshall held his two front paws up

"He's really awake?"

"Yup"

Ella skidded down the hallway and to the med bay and skidded to a stop right next to Tuck

"TUCK!" Ella's tail was swinging back and forth so fast it was bareilly visible

"Ella" Tuck hugged his sister "okay i kinda need to breath" Ella said jokingly Tuck let go and laughed at her statement "you feel good" Ella tilted her head to the side "yup, and Marshall says that in about two weeks i can go on rescues again"

"That seems long"

"it'll be here before ya know it"...