Chapter 13 - Revelations and Complications

Start from the beginning

"Then why not just kill you?" Marcel asks confused.

"Because for every bad prophecies there were just as many good ones. So, like with everything, the ancestors decreed that they couldn't kill me but that didn't stop them from hurting me to the brink of death." I stand up again as the memories of everything starts to trigger my anger.

"You want to know what those witches are capable of? Have a look for yourself." I say before moving my right hand over my rose rune which drops my glammer.

Marcel stand up quickly with wide eyes as all my scars become visible to him.

He takes a step back in shock, "My God," he whispers, eyes raking over the scars marking my skin.

I roll my eyes and pull my glammer backup, hiding the scars once more. "Yeah, it's not pretty," I say, sitting back down on the couch and rubbing my temples.

He steps forward and reaches out, his fingers hovering just above the rune scars on my arm.

But I pull away, shaking my head. "No, don't touch them." I say firmly before putting the glammer back in place.

"The witches...they did more than hurt me. They took things from me. Things that I can never get back."

Marcel's brow furrows in confusion. "What kind of things?" he asks.

"Pieces of myself that I can never fully reclaim. They twisted me, shaped me into something that I never wanted to be."

Marcel's eyes soften with sympathy as he takes a seat next to me on the couch. "I'm so sorry," he says softly, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"I need to stop talking about this," I say as I feel the tears prick at the corners of my eyes.

I stand quickly and wipe away whatever tears are there before demanding, "Where the hell is Elijah?!"

Another vampire appears in the doorway and gives Marcel a look which makes Marcel get up and follow after him, leaving me alone to start to pace again.

"Phoebe!" I hear and immediately know it's Elijah.

I vamp out the room and to where my name was coming from where I hear my name being called again.

"Phoebe!" I hear again as I get to the doorway before walking into the room.

"Elijah! You're back. Did you get any..." I stop speaking as I look over shirtless Elijah and all the names on him with confusion, "...information? What the hell is this?"

"I need you to make a list of these names." Elijah asks me gently and I nod before walking to him and examining the tattooed names across him.

I run my hands across each name, feeling the magic coming off them but as I read each name, I come across a very familiar one.

"Sabine? What the hell is this?" I question with narrowed eyes as I take a step back from him.

"I believe they represent the names of the women Celeste inhabited for the past two centuries." Elijah explain and I roll my eyes.

"I thought killing this woman would rid her from our life." I mutter as Marcel joins us with a paper and pen in hand.

He gives it to me as he looks over the names on Elijah, "It's called a Devinette. It's old school. Kind of a riddle. Witches use them to teach their kids. Solve it, and it disappears."

"And the point of it?" I question as I start to write down some of the names, starting with Sabine and following the trail.

"Celeste forced me to make a choice between yourself and my siblings, and now she means to mock that choice, taunting me with a childish game. The longer the game, the more they suffer. To find Klaus and Rebekah, we need to solve this riddle. The solution lies somewhere in these names." Elijah explains.