Strength and elegance | Ganqing

Start from the beginning

Keqing sat their, pondering the benefits of the job and if it would be worth it.
She ended up deciding to accept the position and Ganyu graciously led her back to the castle, hand in hand.

It took a bit of convincing, but due to Keqing's wits and strength she got the job.
She was the personal knight to the half qilin princess and both seemed over the moon about it.

Of course, she had to leave her home in the village but her parents assured her they would write letters to her so they could keep in touch.
First day of the job and she barely had any time with Ganyu, basic training, where things were stored, a tour of the castle and basic necessities like that.

But the next day the snuck in some alone time and met in the royal garden, they walked around and admired the flowers.
Ganyu took this time to complain to her friend about how her parents were on her back to find a suitor, male or female they didn't care they just wanted their daughter married to someone of power

Keqing held Ganyu as she cried, most of the suitors they arranged for her were perverted or dull.
Once the half qilin was done she looked up at her friend.
" I'll talk to you tomorrow I have some important things to do today. "

Ganyu started, before reminding her friend they would meet here in the garden, near the well taken care of rose plants, thanks to the personal gardener who was a certain brunette with fiery red eyes and a cheeky personality.

When the next day came, Keqing impatiently waiting, the gardener was annoying her talking about how pretty the personal lawyer to the royal family was.
She was about to tell her to shut up when she spotted Ganyu, rushing towards her with a smile on her face.

The gardener smirked and quickly got her stuff together and left the garden, leaving Keqing and Ganyu by themselves.
Keqing didn't have time to think because next thing she knew the princess had embraced her into a tight hug and Keqing could barely breathe, but she didn't mind to much.

Ganyu let go a few minutes later and motioned that Keqing should follow her.
She had led them to a secluded area, now windows in sight, no one from inside the castle could see them.

They were hidden by blue flower bushes and a tree that they could hide behind and have a good amount of space.
Once there Ganyu looked a bit stressed out, taking a few nervous breaths she clumsily, yet gently, placed Keqing's gloved hands into her hands.

" Keqing I.."
Ganyu worriedly looked around, not being able to maintain eye contact well.
Keqing watched as the poor half qilin struggled to put together the rest of that sentence.
" I love you."

She mumbled, Keqing heard those words clear as day and immediately wrapped her arms around Ganyu, embracing into her another hug.
She then looked up and her's and Ganyu's faces were basically touching at this point.
Not knowing hot repeat the words back she went in for a small kiss on the qilin's lips.

She felt Ganyu's normally cold skin become more warmer and watched as Ganyu looked like she was having a internal crisis.
But before Keqing could process what she had done she felt Ganyu place her hand on Keqing's thigh to support herself and kiss her back.

Shocked Keqing didn't know what to do and before long the two had to force themselves to stop before things got a bit out of hand and they sat in silence, neither knowing what to say.
" Sooo," Keqing said, breaking the awkward silence, " what foes this mean now?"

Ganyu mumbled a bit before giving her a clear response.
" I had a talk with my parents a bit ago and they had given up on the whole ' you must marry rich ' business and just wanted me to marry someone."

" And well, they knew for some time, even before I knew myself, that I probably had a crush on you so they sat me down to talk and gave me permission to be with you!"

Ganyu watched as Keqing's eyes lit up and she giggled a bit, amused by Keqing's sudden happiness.
" So what if, we give it a while and if things go well then we can get married!"
Keqing exceedingly nodded her head and Ganyu warmly smiled at the woman standing in front of her, her Keqing.

A few years later and the two decided to finally tie the knot, they were officially getting married.
Though it came to a shock to some of the village and rumors proclaiming Keqing was only marrying Ganyu for lust and riches were quickly shut down.

Keqing's parents were proud of her new proclaimed status but didn't fully like their daughter marrying another woman.
But they shut up when they saw their daughter and how she looked at Ganyu that day of their ceremony.

Neither of the two had never felt that happy in their lives, Ganyu loved Keqing a lot and so...
Some things happened the night after their wedding.
The two would be happily married for the rest of their lives, together forever.