Jason seemed to realize what he was doing and backed away so fast it was like he'd burned himself. Leo and Will watched from behind with amused faces. 

Since then, they hadn't talked once. If it had been awkward before, it was nothing compared to how it was now. Their friends started to notice that they were doing everything in their power to stay away from each other, and one night, Piper asked if Freya wanted to talk about it. 

"There's nothing to talk about," She'd said. 

Piper threw her hands up. "Oh come on! Something happened, didn't it? Between you guys." 

"It wouldn't matter if it did," Freya said. 

"Of course it would! Now, would you please tell me why you and Jason are dancing around each other like you're scared to even breathe the same air?" 

Piper wouldn't stop bugging, so Freya had relented. She'd told her everything that happened since their shared kiss up to the beach accident. By the end of it, Piper's jaw was hanging open.

"You're telling me," She said slowly. "That while me and Leo were getting our asses dragged through the mud, you and Jason were sucking tongue." 

Freya shrugged. "Being a demigod means you take a chance whenever its there. You never know when you may face certain death." 

"Well," Piper huffed. "Isn't that joyful." 

 She tried to help, give advice as much as she could -which Freya appreciated- but it was just stuff she had thought about before. So in the end, she made Piper promise to just never bring it up again for her sake. She couldn't take the embarrassment, and her mind was already full of Jason Grace. She didn't need Piper bringing him up even more. 

"Alright, fine." Piper relented. "But just so you know, avoiding any sign of him won't work in the long run. We'll be stuck on a ship, all of us working together. You'll have to talk to him eventually." 

And that was fine, Freya thought. They still had one month till the ship would be done. In that time, she could get her bearings and manage to figure out what she'll do. 

~~~~~~~~~~

She hadn't gotten her bearings. She had no idea what she should do. And on top of that, she was extremely exited/ jittery with nerves about seeing her brother again. 

The warship they'd spent the last couple of months building was finally done. They were aboard it now, sailing for the Roman camp in hopes of striking a truce and uniting to defeat Gaea. To help with that, Annabeth had sent their official chaperone -Hedge- back to his cabin, not trusting the overhype satyr to not yell "DIE!" as soon as the Argo II landed. Still, Freya worried that this was going to be a lot harder then they'd thought. The Greeks had welcomed Jason. But would the Romans welcome them? Percy? Did they know he was Greek? Had they already set out to kill him based on that? 

Freya couldn't be sure about any of those things, and it made her bounce her leg restlessly against the wodden deck of their ship. When Leo had built it, he'd really made a warship. It was two hundred feet long, with a bronze-plated hull, mounted repeating crossbows fore and aft, a flaming metal dragon for a figurehead, and two rotating ballistae amidships that could fire explosive bolts powerful enough to blast through concrete...well, it wasn't the most appropriate ride for a meet-and-greet with the neighbors. Annabeth had tried to give the Romans a heads-up. She'd asked Leo to send one of his special inventions—a holographic scroll—to alert their friends inside the camp. Hopefully the message had gotten through. Leo had wanted to paint a giant message on the bottom of the hull—WASSUP? with a smiley face—but he was outvoted.