♥18♥ We won't lose!

Start from the beginning

"Senpai, you're back." Kise smiled at Kasamatsu.

"Yeah."

Shiki wanted to hit the girl who tried to strike the ball at Akina's head but she found a better way of revenge and that was to kill the opponent's will to win. She's going all out just to kill every single last one of their wills to win the game and she will start with the captain. Why the captain? Because the captain's the leader and game motivator of the team; when the captain's down, the team's play will be heavily affected.

Shiki challenged the team's captain on a one on one, despite the blatant height difference. The foreign girl could not catch up with Shiki no matter how much she tried to steal the ball from Shiki.

'When it comes to speed, Hakanai is not a joke. Seeing her play from here is impressive.' Kasamatsu was smiling as he watched the match.

Shiki continuously got her team members to mark the others and clear a path just for her to crush the captain of the other team. She may not seem like it but Shiki can be rather cruel when it comes to crushing one's will; the more the captain does not want to have a one on one with her, the more Shiki will make a one on one play with her. It was a mind game that Shiki will always have control of because she knew she will always win a one on one if it comes to a competition of speed.

"I told you, I will hunt you..." Shiki said to the captain, "I wonder how long it will be until your will breaks. No matter, I have fun breaking the wills of others anyway."

The captain of the other team looked at Shiki's teammates to see that they all have the same motivation and will to win the game no matter what...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 4th quarter will start very soon and Shiki was rather tired.

"Harumi, I'll leave the rest to you. I've hunted that will of hers enough." Shiki was smiling as she wiped the dripping sweat.

Compare to the others, Shiki used the most of her strength so it wouldn't matter if she's not playing more of a role in the 4th quarter because Harumi's a rather flexible Small Forward who can play the role of a Point Guard too, though not as skilled as Shiki.

"Fuyu, I am relying on you to steal when I can't steal; Natsuhi, score the moment you can. When you can't score, I want you to pass to Akina."

"How are you feeling?" Natsuhi was worried that Shiki would feel nauseous.

"I am fine." She was not fine but she forced herself to smile for the sake of her team. She needed to lie down and rest but she told herself she will be fine and it wouldn't matter at all if they can win the competition.

'She isn't fine! If anything, she is getting tired because of the injury...' Fuyu thought to herself, 'We need to make a massive point difference in order to secure the win...'

"Shiki-senpai, I want you to just stand there..." Harumi stood up, sparks emitted from her right eye, "And watch me win..."

"Ah! Harumi-senpai entered Half-Zone state!" Kise saw that ability up close before so it was rather exciting to see her in that state as an audience.

The game resumed in its final quarter. Yamato Nadeshiko's captain has already lost the will to perform her Point Guard duty, making it much easier for Aozora to easily start scoring.

In her Half-Zone state, Harumi was able to play her role as the ace of the team and she was easily getting the ball passed here and there without problems. She was becoming a nuisance for the other team, so much of a nuisance that the other team was thinking about hurting her too but Harumi was too fast for them to hurt her.

The buzzer soon buzzed, announcing the win for Aozora...

The crowd got up from their seats and cheered to their heart's content because it was a very intense match that was one sided.

The girls who have won were very happy with the win and they all hugged Harumi and cheered with happiness.

"Yes, this is how it should be..." Shiki smiled, content with the results. She looked at the cheering crowd and saw Kasamatsu. She raised her fist, telling him that she has kept her promise and their team has won. "Next time, let's both win the competition."

Kasamatsu showed his fist to her, silently telling her he will keep the promise in Winter.