six. gestures and dancing

six : gestures and dancing

SHERWOOD FOREST - road

ANOTHER BARON IS riding his horse through the forest flanked by two of his men. He comes to a tree and pauses as Arabella lowers her legs so the Baron can see her seated on one of the branches.

"What the devil?!"

"It's a hot day, my friend, to burden your horse with such a heavy purse." Robin stated, as he steps out from behind a tree. Resting against the wooden bark.

She uses her bow to lift the purse away from the Baron. "The sheriff will hear of this!" The Baron declared, as he pointed his finger at the girl in the tree.

Arabella jumps off the tree Sturdily, landing on the ground with a grin. "I truly hope so!" She yelled cockily, as she felt Wulf join her side.

"Yeah!" He voiced. As Arabella ruffled his hair once more.

•••

"WELL, HELLO THERE Mr. Scarlet." Arabella giggled, as she saw the familiar dirty blonde boy accompany her in a tree. The same tree from the previous nights before.

"To what do I own the pleasure?" She asked, smiling at him.

Over the time since Robin, Arabella, Azeem, and Duncan arrived at the forest. Will and Arabella had grown to become closer.

Which didn't go unnoticed by some of the people who lived in the forest. Fanny, who is Johns wife, noticing the most out of all of them.

The woman always seems to be the one to catch the subtle romantic gestures Will would pull on Arabella. From always walking by each others side, the smiles they give each other, and the constant need for Will to touch her.

Not in a sexual way of course. From either him holding her hand, placing his hand on her shoulder, or the short pecks on her forehead or cheek before leaving. Arabella was the comfort Will longed for, for years on end.

Yet, no matter how many times one of them had been asked if they we're together, it was always the same answer. No, we're not.

No matter how both of them wished they were. They aren't.

"Figured you could use the company." Will grunted as he sat down in the tree. Right next to Arabella.

"Well, you figured right." She smiled at him.

The two continue to talk to one another. Both enjoying the company from the opposing person.

They look down upon the village and saw Fanny and some of the other villagers are handing out food and money to the villagers. Making Arabella smile at the sight.

Over time, not only has she grown close to Will but also to John and his family. Especially Fanny and Wulf. They were like the family she always longed for.