one. home

chapter one : home

chapter one : home

ENGLISH COAST

A LITTLE BOAT approaches the British coast, Robin, Arabella, and Azeem and some others are in it. All dressed in rags and dirty clothes. Robin kisses the sandy ground.

"Oh, thank you Lord. I'm home! I'm home!!!" Robin yells in joy. As Azeem and Arabella look at him weird.

"I don't care how happy I am to be home," Arabella gains the attentions of Azeem as she motions her hand to Robin, who is now kissing the sand. "I am not kissing sand."

" I agree," Azeem laughs as the two look back towards Robin, who now is making a starfish with his body, "You are strange Christian." Azeem spoke toward Robin, as Arabella and Azeem step off the boat and walk towards the man in the sand.

"Yes, but I'm free. And now I beg you to free yourself of your vow. Return with the boat. I know how it feels to be so far from your home and family." Robin spoke, both directing his words to Azeem and Arabella.

"Because I love them so much, I cannot dishonour them." Azeem spoke. As Arabella nodded in agreement.

"I'd thought you'd say that." Robin muttered, propping himself onto his elbows. Azeem's attacked, but wins the struggle.

Another try's to get Arabella but she was quick to pull her dagger out and stab his thigh. Soon enough the other passengers flee in cowardice.

"No one controls my destiny. Especially not one who attacks with down wind and stinks of garlic." Azeem says, making Arabella laugh at his choice of words to describe Robin.

"Come, Azeem, Belle. Our fighting days are done. By nightfall, we'll celebrate with my father. You'll understand of course, I had to try." Robin said, as Azeem and Arabella held him up. And the three of them walk away from the coast.

"I would have succeeded." Azeem says.

•••

ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE

ROBIN, ARABELLA, AND Azeem are walking over a stone wall. "Why must you walk at the back of me?" Robin questions Azeem curiously. Azeem walked behind Robin and Arabella, for what reason the pair doesn't know.

"In you country, am I not the infidel? It's seem safer to appear as your slave, rather then your equal." Azeem answered.

"For an infidel, you have uncommon clarity of thinking. And you'll tell me nothing of yourself." Robin spoke over his shoulder.