five. start of a war

five : start of a war

SHERWOOD FOREST

MORNING TIME HAD struck Arabella like lightening. Hot sun rays beamed onto her face as she stirred in her sleep. Trying to fall back asleep. However, the odds weren't in her favor. As she sat up with a huff and blew the fallen strands of hair that covered her eyes.

Accompanying her was Robin, Azeem, and Duncan. Which wasn't the most exciting thing she could've thought of. The men are waking up. Duncan wakes up with a groan.

"Too much mead, old friend?" Robin asked, as he clapped him on the back. Feeling the presence of another person by his side. He looks over to find the blue eyes girl. Groggily rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Forgive me, I oversleep." Duncan apologized.

"No, no, rest yourself. What day is it, Arabella?"

"Sunday, I believe." Arabella shrugged with a yawn.

"Do they still give alms to the poor at mass?" Robin questioned no one on particular.

"That they do. These days the need for mercy is greater then ever." Duncan answered him.

"Good, thanks." Robin answered before standing up. Giving Arabella a kiss on the head and taking off from where they slept.

•••

SHERWOOD FOREST/CAMP

ROBIN RODE UP on the Sheriff's white horse. He hops down and begins to walk toward Duncan.

"Water!" Azeem yelled.

"Thank you." Robin took the water from Azeem.

"For the animal. How can I protect you if I know not where you go?" Azeem asked.

"You hardly raise a finger when you do know." Robin shrugged.

"I prefer to have the choice." Azeem said, making Arabella giggle slightly.

"Wonderful, you have stolen the sheriff's horse?" Will spoke sarcastically.

"You stirred up a bloody hornets nest now!" John yelled.

"Are you afraid John?" Arabella asked him.

"Yeah, a little."

"Well, so is the sheriff and today I gave him this thing he'll not forget." Robin smirked, as he grabbed his bag off the horse.

"You fool, you've started a war!" Will yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth. As he stood on top of a fallen tree.

"We're already in war!" Robin yelled. He hands Duncan a loaf of bread. "Duncan, bread." He spoke gently to Duncan. Then returned his gaze back to the others. "And I say we strike back at the very man who takes our homes and hunts our children."