seven. taken and the plan

chapter seven : taken and the plan

SHERWOOD FOREST CAMP-dawn

IT HAD BEEN a couple of days since Marian and Sarah paid them all a visit. It had also been a couple days since Duncan left with them, per Robin's request.

Some of the men are standing around when a warning arrow is shot from the tress. Another warning arrow follows it. They run to see who's approaching when they see that it's Duncan.

"Robin! Arabella! Someone's coming!" Bull informed. He then saw who it was. "All is well! It's Duncan!"

"Duncan?" Robin and Arabella pondered.

Quickly running over to Bull, "Duncan! What happened?" Robin asked, as he helps Duncan from the horse. Duncan is extremely weak.

"I found you, Robin. Thank God, I did it. Nottingham's men attacked us."

"Marian?" Robin asked.

"They took her." Duncan informed. And Arabella swore she saw Robin's eyes grow dark with anger.

Several more warning arrows are fired as something else is spotted on the hill.

"What is it?" John pondered.

"Over there, look!" Arabella declared pointing at the hills.

"On the hills!"

They see an army of men and women on the hill. They are dressed in primitive battle gear, mostly furs of sorts. Their faces are covered with war paint and they are waving around their swords.

"Celts! God help us!"

"Allah, be merciful!" Azeem pleaded.

"To the trees!!! To the trees!" Bull yells.

Everyone begins running back into camp to climb into the trees. As Robin and Arabella pass by Will he pauses.

"The old fool let them straight to us." Will muttered, as he grabbed Arabella's hand and the two of them went back to the camp.

The battle is on as the Celts head down into the forest camp. Robin manages to take down several Celts with his bow and arrow. He heads back to the camp. Everyone stops when they see Nottingham soldiers raise their bows that are loaded with flaming arrows. The arrows are shot into the camp and things start to burn.

As Arabella was helping little kids to safety, a Celts came up from behind her. Grabbing her by her waist and threw her on the ground.

The Celt had straddled her waist as he gripped her throat. Strangling her. Her voice came our strained, as the man tightened his grip.

"It's a shame you have to die." He smiled darkly at her. "You know, you're really pretty."

Thrashing around under his grip, trying to pry his hands from around her neck.