three. sherwood forest

chapter three : sherwood forest

ENGLISH COUNTRYSIDE

"HAVE WE LOST them?" Robin asked curiously and cautiously. Robin, Azeem, Arabella, and Duncan have a good head start from the guards. They all pause at the top of a hill. Robin pulls the arrow out of his horse's butt.

"No, my horse carries two and yours is lame. We can not outrun them." Azeem spat back.

"Ha! My horse is the best." Arabella laughed triumphantly, but quickly stopped seeing the glares Robin and Azeem gave her.

"Leave me, master Robin, I slow your escape." Duncan ordered, but it was quickly dismissed.

Turning around and scouting his surroundings, Robin saw a forest. "We can loose them in the forest."

"Sherwood Forrest is haunted, master." Duncan quickly said.

"Either we take our chances with the ghosts or become ghosts ourselves." Arabella muttered. As the four continue on to Sherwood.

•••

SHERWOOD FOREST

AS THE FOUR of them make their way through the forest they begin to hear strange sounds. They halt the horses and Azeem draws his sword.

"Master Robin?" Duncan calls out wearily.

Robin looked around and spots what is making the noise. "There are your ghosts, Duncan. Windchimes. A child's toy put to good use. You scare easily, my painted Moor."

"This forest has eyes, I swear it." Azeem remarked, placing his sword back in its place.

"Agreed." Arabella shudders.

•••

SHERWOOD RIVER

THE FOUR FINALLY stops as they reach a small river. It's very wide. "In my dreams alone have I imagined such a place." Azeem admired the river.

"Then imagine a way to cross it." Arabella spoke. She then gets off her horse and tries to see if there is a way across. The water is not very deep. "There's hope!"

All of a sudden a rope is pulled up from the water and Arabella falls in, getting drenched. A man in the nearby trees hollers at them.

"There was a rich girl from Nottingham, who tried to cross the river. What a dope, she tripped over a rope. Now, look at her shiver!" A man in the trees sings. As Arabella looked around for the man. Robin got off his horse and joined her in the river.

"Beg for mercy, rich girl!" The voice called out to her, as Robin helped the girl to her feet.

"I beg of no man." She grumbled, as regained her balance.