"Bawat Piyesa" // Vada Cavell

Bawat Piyesa is one of my favourite songs as a filipino. It is a song about meeting someone that you never want to loose. You love them to the point you're willing to risk everything and give it your all just for them to stay with you. You're afraid that you'll lose them because you know you won't be the same without them around. You love them so much that you'll sacrifice everything just for them to stay, and be with you.

——————————————

(Y/n is narrating btw)

weeks.

It had been weeks since the school shooting. I can't help my self but worry about vada. I haven't received any text, call, or word from her. She was ignoring me. Everytime I go to her house she keeps ignoring me. Hell even patricia and carlos don't know what to do anymore. I know she's pretty shaken up by what happened. I just want her to talk to me.
I still remember the day it happened. The shooter was.. my friend. I.. tried to stop him. I tried to reason with him. I was kneeled infront of him while I had the blood of other students splattered on my clothes, He was aiming the gun at me. I knew him. He was always misunderstood. But I never expected him to actually go crazy and shoot up our school. He was always nice to me, so nice that he let me survive.
After that.. the police shortly arrived.
I didn't even have the chance to see her. Next thing I know my parents took me home, and didn't let me go to school for a few weeks. But once in a while they drove me to vada's place where I tried to talk to her, but she was always locked up in her room. Or what her parents say, She's at mia reeds house.
Now enough about that.

Nick had told me vada went to him. I was pretty upset, knowing she didn't even want to see or talk to me. I started to hate myself, or even go crazy sometimes. I can't stand the thought of losing her. He told me that vada was angry as soon as he mentioned that He only wanted whats best for her. And maybe I should be the one to reason her.
I agreed.. and Here I am now. Infront of vada's bedroom door. Patricia, Carlos, and amelia decided it was best if they went out to visit a family friend to give us both privacy. Wish me luck.

3rd person POV

knock. knock. knock.
"Hi, vada. Its me y/n. I just want to check up on you again." Y/n let out a sigh. Only shuffling could be heard inside.
"Listen, mi vida. I just want to talk to you, after what happened." Y/n stood awkwardly as she rocked on her heels back and forth.
"Okay.. I'll do the talking then." Y/n said taking a deep breath in. And sitting down infront of the door.
"After what happened. I wanted to go to you. I tried to convince mom and dad to let me go back inside the school so I could search for you. They didn't let me vads. I hope you don't hate me for leaving you there. You never really replied to any of my texts and calls and it makes me think that you hate me. Again im sorry vada." Y/n's voice broke as she felt her eyes watering. She tried and blinked them away but it just didn't work.

"For the past few weeks, I feel like im going crazy. I miss you so fucking much. I just don't want to lose you vada. You mean so much to me! Hell I'd circle the whole damn world for you. I'd do anything. Just please talk to me? im begging you vads.. Hear me out! Listen to me, if you're even in there. I love you. I love you so much it hurts that everyday I lie in my bed wondering what I had to do just for you to talk to me again. Did I do something? Do you need space? Just tell me!" Y/n was sobbing at this point. While on the other side of the door vada was listening. Too afraid that if she'll make a noise it'll make y/n hate her for not saying anything.

"If you're too afraid to face the world, then tell me! Im here right fucking here goddamit! I'm always here for you, by your side. You can always count on me vads.. please. Talk to me that's just what you have to do. And if you don't I'll sacrifice anything for you to start talking to me." y/n had realized that she'd started to scream and was breaking down. She started to calm down after a few minutes. She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scream. I want you to know that I love you, mi vida. And I miss you so much. I just want  the things to go back the way they were before.. you know. I just miss having you by my side. I miss your laugh. Your smile. You're eyes. I miss everything about you vads. So please.. Will you talk to me?" She asked one last time. Standing up.

She waited until she heard the lock of the door clicking. The door slowly opened and there vada stood. Crying. "I-Im so–" Vada couldn't even finish her sentence as Y/n went inside the room and hugged her girlfriend. "Just let me hug you. please. We can talk later. I just really missed you." Y/n buried her head into vada's neck and there she smelled her scent. How she missed it so much. The feeling of vada's arms around her. made her feel home. A home that she terribly missed so much. she wrapped her arms around vada's neck and stayed like that for a few minutes.

"I never want to let you go." She said as she placed small kisses onto vada's neck. "Im not going anywhere. I promise." Vada said kissing y/n's temple. "I guess.. Cuddles while I explain?" Vada asked as y/n pulled away from her neck and she held y/n's cheeks with both hands. Y/n smiled and nodded. "I'd like that." Y/n said as she smiled. "I missed your smile so much." Y/n laughed. "I missed you laugh and your pretty face, my love." Vada said as she looked deeper in y/n's eyes. y/n's eyes flickered down to her lips as she giggled and leaned in to kiss y/n as she immediately kissed her back.
"so.. care to explain?" Y/n grinned.

1162 words

authors note:
uhm share your thoughts?
I kinda like it but hate it at the same time. Request some Ideas.
loveyouallsomuch! And thanks for reading!
LISTEN TO BAWAT PIYESA ON SPOTIFY!!