Wally started worrying about him the moment he walked into the Watchtower and saw Robin passed out. "Uhh, Dick?" Wally whispered, tapping the boy's shoulder.

He woke up on high alert, motioning to punch Wally in the face before recognizing who he was.

"Woah woah dude it's just me," Wally sped a foot away from him, hands in the air.

"Agh, sorry. Rough night," Dick rubbed his temples, regaining consciousness.

"Yeah I can tell, you've barely left the base in days. When's the last time you slept in your own bed?" Wally sat down on the barstool next to him, giving the boy a concerned look.

"I don't even know, Batman's going to be on my ass. He has been. Every night I've been out he just stares at me and then goes and does his own shit. He's waiting for me to come home so he can lecture me," he laid his face on the table, about ready to sleep again.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's had you out so much?" Wally was hoping for a constructive conversation. Even in team meetings Dick had been suspiciously quiet. He also had not been as flirtatious as usual with the girls, and that always meant something was wrong. Or maybe Donna finally punched him in the arm enough times for him to get it.

"I..it's nothing."

"C'mon man. You know you can tell me anything," Wally gave him his boyish grin.

Dick sighed, "it's this girl."

"WHAT? You're with a girl and you didn't tell me?! That's messed up man. What about bro code?" Wally leaned back in shock.

"No it's not like that. She's a member of a cartel," Robin rubbed his temple, regretting his split second decision to tell his best friend.

"Even better, she's spicy," Wally smirked and nudged Robin.

"That's not the point, the point is that I can't find anything on her, or even her for that matter," Robin pressed his forehead against the marble slab.

Wally cocked his head a bit, "and why's that important if you have information on every other person in said cartel?"

"Because...because it's her. I met her patrolling one night-"

"SEE I KNEW THERE WAS MORE TO IT!" Wally slammed his hand onto the counter, pointing a finger at Dick, accusingly.

"Could you quiet down?! Batman has ears e v e r y w h e r e," Robin, being dramatic, motioned to the air around them "and just, she's linked to crimes that could be solved and things that have happened and if I just knew who she was I could draw it all back to her."

"Your mind is like one of those detective investigation boards, isn't it?" Wally played with a toothpick that had mysteriously appeared from nowhere.

"You could say that," Robin smiled at the analogy. His mind flashed to a night he walked in on a Bruce Wayne running on no sleep, sweating, staring at a peg board with newspaper clippings and photos. The world's greatest detective running his hands through his hair, his eyes bloodshot.

Wally had gotten up to prepare some eggs and coffee for him. He grabbed a Batman mug out of the cupboard, "you know. Maybe you should let some of us help you."

"I can't put your guys' lives in danger. I'm already risking my own. This isn't aliens or magic or anything, but it's real people and real lives that I've witnessed be taken away," Robin's consciousness was flooded with more than just Batman's scowl. Murder does a lot to the mind.

Wally frowned, his gut sinking, "maybe you should leave it alone for a bit, Dick. I don't think it's doing you any good."

"But I'm so close-" Dick ran his fingers through his hair, looking up at Wally from his slouched position at the counter.