twenty four, no body no crime

Mulai dari awal

Oh well. If she's going to kill a bunch of people, may as well look good doing so.

She shoved everything on, and wasn't careful to avoid brushing over her wounds. She winced as she threw the shirt over her head, but once it was on, she'd never felt so comfortable.

She went through to the bathroom and started to brush her teeth. Normally, her, Michonne and Ellie would all do it at the same time. But now, the house felt so empty. It was just her, Carl and Judith left.

She heard a noise from behind, and looking into the mirror saw Carl appear and wrap his arms around her waist. Standing behind her, he buried his head of hair into the crook of her neck.

"You sure you want to do this? I can go alone if you don't-" he mumbled, as she cut him off by rinsing off her mouth in the sink.

"I'm going," she spun around on the spot, facing him directly. "End of."

He nodded, brushing his hair back behind his ears. He looked so pretty when he did that.
"What are you wearing?" He said, looking her up and down.

"It was the only thing left in my drawer. I'm guessing it was Rosita's."

"You look good." He said, laughing a little. He leant in for a kiss and placed his hands on her hips, but before their lips could touch, the moment was interrupted by Judith's cries.

Carl sighed and freed his hands off her waist, making his way over to Judith's room. Jane didn't hesitate to follow, because she liked to watch the two any chance she got. Carl was so sweet towards his sister, so much so that it made her miss her own. There was a genuine familial love between the two of them, a bond that couldn't be broken. The kind of love that Jane didn't really get much of anymore.

She watched as Carl picked her up out of her bed and engulfed her in a hug. She instantly stopped crying, and all Jane could think was: same, Judith. Same.

The three of them made their way down to the kitchen, where Jane made Judith some porridge and Carl packed the pair's backpacks. Soon, Olivia would arrive to look after Judith, and the couple would be on their way.

They had stayed up late last night, thinking of a plan. Neither really knew the layout of the sanctuary, and so - they never really came up with a majestic scheme like they should've. Both were too blinded by revenge to see that their plan was hardly fool proof.

Olivia arrived, and Jane kissed Judith on the cheek, saying quick goodbyes. Carl did the same, thanking Olivia for looking after Judith. Both had a strange confidence that they'd actually succeed, which was weird knowing they were going against a whole army and a psycho with a bat.

They grabbed some stuff from the armoury, comparing the 'cool' guns displayed on the wall like trophies. Jane goggled at a pristine AR, admiring it carefully and running her fingers over the grooves.

"You know how to shoot an AR?" Carl asked, making Jane jump a little. She had become too comfortable with the silence.

"I could shoot you right now to test it out," she said, laughing to herself as Carl's face turned sour.

BEFORE THEY KNEW IT, they were over the wall and miles from Alexandria. The wind blew softly in the early air of the morning, and the birds chirped happily above their heads.