twenty nine, 𝖽𝗒𝗇𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗍𝖾

"IT'S CALLED "THE KINGDOM"?" Rick asked, slamming his door and reaching a hand out to michonne, helping her out the car. Rick went to do the same to Carl, but he was already helping Jane out.
They made eye contact, smiling at each other briefly before looking back to their girlfriends.

"Yeah. I didn't name it." Jesus answered, squinting up at the greens that sheltered the direct sunlight ahead.
Carl's hand found it's way to Jane's, linking them together again. His fingers felt soft, and right. He reached his free hand up to fix his hat, and because of this, didn't notice Jane staring up at him.

She focused intently on the bridge of his nose, that was speckled with small golden dots that spread lightly underneath his eyes, and faded out on his cheeks. His hair fell perfectly in long, wispy strands around his face and his lips looked softer than they ever had. He was wearing a dark navy button up, over a grey shirt and some bootcut jeans. He was perfect always, but there was something about him today.

Her train of thought and admiration was broken by the sweet sound of hoof against sand. It seemed the group had been conversing this whole time, and she had merely blocked it out. She was thankful, though, as everyone else seemed to be as confused as she was when they spotted the armoured men, trotting their horses in closer and closer.

"Who dares to trespass on the sovereign land of the-
Oh, shit. Jesus, is that you?" The centre one announced.

"Who are all these people, Paul?"

"Hi, Richard. Nice to see you." Jesus said, gesturing up to one of the men.

"It's good to see you, too. Your friends, who are they?" Richard reciprocated.

"This is Rick Grimes. He's the leader of a like-minded community. These are some of his people. Treat them nicely." He smiled at Rick as he stepped forward.

"We would like to request an audience with King Ezekiel."

The five of them all exchanged knowing glances and nods.
"The King is a busy man. And it's a dangerous world. We don't usually allow a pack of strangers to waltz through our door. We want to make the world less dangerous, and we are all here to show the King how serious we are about that. The car stays outside. You gotta hand over your guns."

"We only have two." Rick says, presenting them for hand over. His hands are callous and scraped with dirt, and as one of the armoured men takes a hold of the weapon, he grimaces - wiping the hilt of the chamber on his shirt.

"Okay. Follow me. Before we go in, you have a brain and a backbone, so I'm talking to you, not Gregory.
Whatever you're trying to start here, another protection pact, a trade, none of it matters if we don't start dealing with the real problem-the Saviors."

The kingdom was beautiful. It wasn't like hilltop or Alexandria; it was full of colour. Bright blues and pungent greens surrounded the group as they continued on through the plant beds. People scurried everywhere in and out of them, wearing big sun hats and flowy spring dresses. A woman passed Jane, and smiled brightly at her. She was wearing a denim jumpsuit, with a poncho strung over the top delicately. Her eyes were hidden behind huge 70's esque glasses, and her hair hung low, waving and curling in the wind.

They weren't just trying to survive here, they were living.

"They have the numbers." Michonne whispered, examining the place just like Jane had been.

"𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞„जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें