Friends or family? (MHO)

Začať od začiatku

"I'm ok maman, it really doesn't hurt anymore!" Artemis smiled, reassuring an anxious Marie. She smiled back "should we sit down? I could make us a drink" Artemis offered as Marie took a seat on their sofa, shifting a little to get comfortable "Je ne peux rien demander d'alcoolique depuis... un tu es mineur, deux j'essaie de devenir sobre alors... un thé?" (can't ask for anything alcoholic since.. one your under aged, two i'm trying to get sober so.. a tea?) Marie joked

Artemis paused for a moment, turning back to his mum as his eye's brightened "maman you're getting sober?! That's incroyable news, Je suis tellement heureux. How long as-tu été clean for??" (Mom you're getting sober?! That's amazing news, I'm so happy. How long have you been clean for??) Arti beamed, immediately turning his attention back to her as excitement radiated from him making Marie smile softly "deux ou trois months?" Marie replied with a caring gaze.

Since she had been trying to work on her bond with Artemis she realised how much he hated her drinking. She had a bit of a smoking problem too, however that was easier to hide as Artemis wasn't particularly familiar with the smell of weed so she could play it off. But since Miguel was trying to become sober she had stopped smoking so it would be easier for him to quit. If she could do it for Miguel she could do it for Artemis, she knew she owed him that. And seeing how happy he became once she mentioned her sobriety it all became worth it.

Arti tightly hugged her in celebration as she hugged him back softer. "But that isn't why I'm here fils magnifique, are you ok? What happened?" She asked him, allowing the concern to seep back through. Arti sighed as he clicked on the kettle and began preparing her tea. "I... I felt terrible. Terrible for what i did with père, i shouldn't have associated with him and i-i scared and hurt you too. S-So i tried to fix it" Arti said softly, avoiding looking at Marie as he continued to work on her drink.

Marie's gaze softened. The familiar gut wrenching feeling of guilt strained her again. She looked at Arti while she processed what he said, her eyes becoming foggy with tears. "Nonono mon beau garçon. I would never want you risking hurting yourself just to make up for my mistakes. Honey i was scared because i knew he'd want to hurt you, i knew he'd come for you. Please don't tell me you've done all of this for me." Marie choked out, standing up quickly as she walked over to Arti and grabbed his hands forcing him to look at her.

Arti's gaze weakened. Marie pulled him closer and softly kissed his forehead as he hugged her. "Baby what happened?.." Marie asked softly, hugging Arti back as she wiped away a tear that had escaped from his eyes with her thumb. "I.. h-he came to Monarch and attacked out school. I-I didn't want to but he forced me to go with him and tried to get me to join the villains with him a-and.." Artemis choked, trying to collect himself desperately.

Marie waited for him to calm down, guiding Artemis to sit down on the sofa as his legs trembled. She shushed him gently to help him calm down, he finally managed to slow his tears and his burst of build up emotions. "Shino came and got me" Arti let her know, her eyes widened "shit.." she mumbled which confused Artemis

"We had told Shino and your friends we weren't planning on looking for you so they didn't try and join us. We didn't want to risk hurting the students so me and the pro heroes were meant to track Amare and help look for you. I'm so sorry, they must've decided they would look for you if we weren't... god it was stupid now thinking about it." Marie explained, feeling absolutely played and stupid by her decisions. She thought it would be easier on Artemis if his friends weren't injured while trying to bring him home

"You were gonna come looking for me?.." Arti muttered, surprised that Marie would be willing to face Amare even after all her PTSD and freaking out over him being back. "I love you Artemis, i wanna protect you from him. It's my fault, i should've done better when you were younger." Marie replied, smiling warmly at her son. Maybe if she hadn't had left without him he wouldn't have grown up in an orphanage, maybe he could've had a better childhood.

"You don't need to protect me from him anymore..he's.. he's gone. He's dead." Artemis blurted out, feeling Marie freeze a little. "We.. we killed him" Artemis confessed, glancing up at her to meet her eyes. She just hugged him. "The fucking prick deserved it. We can keep this a secret ok?" Marie assured.

"I wish I could've been brave enough to kill him when i had the chance" Marie continued, earning a weak smile from Artemis in return. "I wish i was as brave as you, you can go through all of that and still feel comfortable being here.. I can't Artemis" Marie explained, her meaning behind what she was saying was cryptic. "Wh..What do you mean you cant?" Arti asked

"I'm going back to France.." Marie answered. Arti froze, thousands of thoughts immediately rushing through his head yet he couldn't bring himself to say any. "Y-You're leaving again?!" He managed to choke out, tightening his grip on Marie's hands as his voice became distressed "h-how long is it until you leave?? Will you come back?!" He continued to insist, panic building in his voice.

Marie stayed calm with soothed him slightly, yet he still felt distraught. He finally had a mum, and he was leaving him again. "I don't want to leave you Arti. I leave on my flight in two weeks.." Marie replied with a calm tone.

"Come to France with me"

She said softly, making Arti's eyes widen. He didn't want her to leave him, he finally had a mom and he couldn't watch her leave again. Plus France was his home country yet he'd never been, not to mention it was the fashion capital. All he'd ever wanted to do was be a fashion designer, in france he would make it. He could become big like his mum.

Yet he owed everything to vigilantis. It was were he grew up, he'd be leaving behind Lilium and miss Rose. He had fought so hard to get into Monarch academy and had finally felt comfortable, plus he still was incredibly passionate about his hero work and learning how to control his quirk. He was really starting to feel more comfortable with being Umbra with Shino and his friends help. And Shino and his friends, he loved them all and they had all done so much for him and he'd be leaving them behind. He'd miss all of them, he couldn't imagine being so far away from Shino.

Marie noticed his hesitance and bit her tongue, worried if she was to full on. "C-Can.. Can i think about it? G-Give me a week.." Artemis finally replied, Marie smiled and nodded. "I know its a big change, but make the decision that makes you happy" Marie told him as Arti nodded, hugging her tightly.

"Can i see you?.. at some point this week?" Arti asked, Marie smiling playfully "what? You wanna hang out?" She continued, not fully understanding his point. "Y-Yeah" Arti specified as she thought to herself "sure... i could take you shopping! Sure you have a mall near by but i don't think you've been shopping." Marie recommended excitedly.

They both adored fashion, it was something they bonded over quickly. And Marie was ecstatic to introduce him to new designers and brands and help him explore more higher quality products and brands. "Oh! I-I'd love to but i'd probably just have to come with you.. I haven't been to the cafe in ages so.. i don't have much money on me." He said weakly, always feeling so guilty about how his financial situation would cause a problem

Marie almost laughed "ok? Did i say you were paying? God you're my son Artemis, i'm not gonna make you pay for stuff. We'll go out maybe... this friday? I'll show you around a bunch of shops, you can get whatever" Marie shrugged at him, watching his eyes light up "for real?!" He gasped "for real." Marie smirked, her energy immediately matching Arti's.

"L-Like.. all the big brand and designers? Like the magazines?" Arti continued, letting himself become excited by the idea. A thought popped into his mind, while he studied all different fashion magazines he probably stumbled across his mums work at some point. Marie nodded enthusiastically, excited by the fact she had recommended something Artemis was interested in.

She wished she had been a better mom when she first met him, her main goal was to fix her mistakes. All she cared about now though was she adored her son and loved her family, she knew she wouldn't abandon her family. Not again.