Highschool AU (No quirks, Artino)

-Trigger warning, Toxic relationships, depressing subjects-

In a world where there are no hero's.. no quirks. What would change? How much does power truly make a person? In this Au... there are no quirks.

Shino yawned, Walking through the grand school doors into the same old high school he'd been attending for years. It was a rather prestigious school, most people becoming rather successful after graduation and the school taking full credit for the success their students had made by themselves. Shino didn't understand the fuss none of the teachers really cared for their students and most people just either minded their own business or were just down right mean "I hate all of them.." Shino mumbled in a spiteful tone... 'All of them' was mainly targeted at a certain group of kids, the popular group. A group of 8-10 kids at our school who just click with practically everyone, most of them are rather wealthy and use that as a way to push everyone else around.

"Well... They're not all bad.." Shino thought to himself, adjusting his bag to fit better on his shoulders. Yes, there was one kid... he stud out from them. He was never snobby, in fact he wasn't that well off himself. He was an orphan, working multiple jobs to try keep himself stable. He was my dorm mate and one of my great friends

~Shino's POV~

Artemis was a good person, he just clicked with everyone. I guess that's where he fell... he sadly got mixed up with one of the biggest trust fund kids, Mazo. He was the leader of the pride, sadly they clicked so much after knowing each-over for a few months they started dating.

"Shino!" I heard a voice yell from behind me "Arti!" I turned around to see a scruffy haired Artemis running down the hall, wailing his arms around in the air "I was just think about you" I mumbled out-load. WAIT! Didn't mean to say that! Oh god I probably sound really weird now!- "Awee! That's cute!" Artemis beamed as I awkwardly laughed.

We walked to class, talking and rambling "Hey... do you wanna go to a cafe later or something?" I asked him "Mhm!" Artemis nodded with a smile. I clicked the door open and we both walked into class "Morning miss!" Artemis sang, greeting teacher "Morning Artemis, Shino." She responded. Artemis was in a good mood today, we both sat down and got ready for class.

~6 hours later~

It was the end of the day, I stud outside one my phone waiting for Artemis. I glanced over to my left to see Artemis kiss Mazo goodbye and run over to me. I always hated Mazo... I hate to admit it but I was jealous of him, my heart sank every time Artemis would kiss him on the cheek. "you ready to go??" Artemis sang, his cuteness of his smiling made my heart thumb.

We got ice cream and went to the park, sounds rather basic but it was incredibly fun.
We stayed their for hours, talking, laughing and even going on some of the parks. Our day was coming to an end, we sat on a bench as the sun set. I couldn't help myself anymore, the flustering feeling I felt every time I saw Artemis smile was overwhelming... HE. HAS. A. BOYFRIEND! I told myself over and over "Hey Artemis.." I told him, staring off into the distance "Hm?" He looked at me "I've... had a great day today" I smiled at him "me too!.. you're great to hang out with" he told me "...I've wanted to get this off my chest for a while.." I changed our bubbly conversation to a rather serious tone "Is everything ok?.." Artemis asked me rather concerned.

I stud up, taking Artemis by the hand and placing him in-front of me. He was rather confused about my gesture "Here goes nothin.." I mumbled to my self. I leaned in, pressing my lips onto his. Artemis's eyes widened, as we shared a tender kiss by the sunset. As soon as it started I pulled away, it was short but sweet "Sh-Shino.." Artemis stuttered, his face bright red "I really... really like you.." I told him "And I know you like Mazo and I know you see me as a friend-" I began
"I-I... I was planning to break up with Mazo for a while.." he stuttered, clearly incredibly flustered by our kiss "Oh!." I said, with a hint of joy in my heart "I...Like you too!.." Artemis looked away, slightly covering his mouth with his hand as his face was a tomato.